JPWH

Update on my treatment

D_Mac

Hang in there JP. It gets worse before it gets better. After my surgery to my throat , I had 33 rounds to my throat, mouth, and face. You will be very tired and sore. In fact after my 33rd I was still "cooking" for another week or two. Its a journey. Be patient. Look for small victories to build on. I tell everyone about my cancer journey that physically you bounce back the quickest. Mentally and financially take more time to heal. In 2020 I went through, throat and pancreas at the same time. In 2022, kidney. I went over a year with no income. The state was generous enough to give me 125 dollars a week before taxes for the first 26 weeks. When I finally thought I could try and work a few hours, the day I was supposed to start was the day everything shut down for covid. In spite of all I went through I still feel very grateful. I had a great team of doctors, support from family and friends, and faith that i was going to get through anything standing in my way. Still today I spend a lot of time at doctors offices, blood labs, and the pharmacy. I have trouble swallowing. No spit.  The scars on my abdomen and mouth have healed. I put the weight back on I lost. I think of what I went through and hope and pray I wont have to repeat it. If I do, then Im ready. I know people have had it worse then me. Im lucky. The journey isnt over for me. Your journey has just started. Keep pressing on. Go over, around, or through anything in your way. Stay positive but expect some set backs. Set backs are part of the journey. Stay in the fight. You can pull through this... F cancer !

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 5

JPWH

I'm done with radiation!!! 

My oncologist said my blood work looks good as well. I will start chemo in about four weeks.

• Excellent 4

JPWH

I'm all healed up from the radiation treatments. I have been slowly putting a little weight back on after losing about 9 lbs since treatment started final weight being 154 lbs.

I'm also gaining some strength back and worked in my shop for the first time in about 5 weeks yesterday. I spent about 4 hours in my shop building a conduit rack for a golf cart. The golf cart will be used to haul material into the tunnels. This will be my only project for a while because I get my chemo port tomorrow and start chemo next week. I will do 2 chemo treatments 6 times over a 12 week period. I'll update later on how that is going.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 5

953 nut

Dear Lord, I come seeking your intercession in Jay Paxton’s cancer treatments. I pray that the cancer that has come into his life soon fades into a quick remission. I pray the side effects of the chemo therapy will be minimal and will rid Jay of any cancer.  I believe in your capacity for miracles, and ask for this on behalf of Jay and all who are afflicted with cancer.

I ask this in the name of your Son, Jesus Christ.

• Heart 5