wallfish

Wat iz it 4

formariz
8 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Here's the build thread on it. There's a maiden voyage video in there that's even funnier.

https://myoldmachine.com/topic/6451-micro-power-mini-bike-build/?tab=comments#comment-59954

I would love to be your neighbor. I bet you keep them smiling all the time and looking out the window wondering what the heck you are up to next. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

wallfish
Just now, formariz said:

I would love to be your neighbor. I bet you keep them smiling all the time and looking out the window wondering what the heck you are up to next. 

They think I'm NUTS! But they're all really good sports about most my antics going on and they have absolutely no problem to come out and laugh at me.

They get to see some of the fails too.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

formariz
2 hours ago, wallfish said:

They think I'm NUTS! But they're all really good sports about most my antics going on and they have absolutely no problem to come out and laugh at me.

They get to see some of the fails too.

That is what good neighboring is all about. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

formariz
3 hours ago, wallfish said:

The tank is still strange because the tanks that come with O&R engines do have the flexible pick up. BUT they are no where near as rugged as this one is. They're like thin soup cans.

I think that one is intentionally rugged because of the nature of work being done . That saw would be constantly sort of dropped on the ground once finished with it. Thank is rather exposed. It would get dented easily if out of thinner metal. 

• Like 1

wallfish

OK, here's another one but this one does not have a difinitive answer too yet

Gear box output spins at 1700 RPM and it has this weird fan like attached. The shaft it goes on is a special taper fit and the mount metal part is correct for the shaft. The blades have a little slit in the ends.

So after discussion someone mentioned it as being a possible feather plucker like for dressing chickens. IDK

IMG_0494.jpg.88ba86e5b2096507cb5d22ef738775e6.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg.0c0c9fa9eae9d3da5773f1d1f051510c.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg.2d683bd7e41c87287405f44993b900a1.jpg

Edited by wallfish

Handy Don

No clue, but it’s cute as a button! :D

davem1111
7 hours ago, wallfish said:

Here's the build thread on it. There's a maiden voyage video in there that's even funnier.

https://myoldmachine.com/topic/6451-micro-power-mini-bike-build/?tab=comments#comment-59954

That thing looks *very* cool. :banana-rock:

Do you have to have an account on there to download the video?  It told me it wasn't available.... :sad:

• Thanks 1

wallfish
12 minutes ago, davem1111 said:

That thing looks *very* cool. :banana-rock:

Do you have to have an account on there to download the video?  It told me it wasn't available.... :sad:

here you go

Edited by wallfish
  • Heart 2

formariz
1 hour ago, wallfish said:

Gear box output spins at 1700 RPM and it has this weird fan like attached. The shaft it goes on is a special taper fit and the mount metal part is correct for the shaft. The blades have a little slit in the ends.

That impeller looks like it is used to move water. The tapered shaft will fit into corresponding receptacle in some housing with the inlet and outlet , keeping impeller aligned in there. Pretty much like a pond pump. Impeller seems to also be coated to protect it . Speed is also in the water moving range for a small pump. 

Edited by formariz

wallfish
20 minutes ago, formariz said:

That impeller looks like it is used to move water. The tapered shaft will fit into corresponding receptacle in some housing with the inlet and outlet , keeping impeller aligned in there. Pretty much like a pond pump. Impeller seems to also be coated to protect it .

The paddle wheel could be home made from something but just guessing on it's intended use. There's plenty of water pumps out there for these but this ain't one of them. The slots in the tips of the rubber paddle were hand cut, there not all the same.

The reason I brought up the taper is because it's very specific to these engines, but after looking at the end of the metal piece, it looks just like an Octura RC drive piece. The slots are 1/2 of the "U joint" and a rod with a pin for a T fits in the slots for a shaft to the prop. Octura made many RC parts for using these engines for RC boats. The even made their own carbs, nitro conversion kits to run glow fuel etc.

OCTUNIDLX5MM-2__31291.jpg.60ee3a51fd3bded2a86ac8fdcedc3317.jpg

Edited by wallfish

wallfish

The other thing with these engines is they sold thousands just as hobby engines with many different gear boxes too and it was up to the tinkerer themselves to come up with the application for use. That's part of the fun of the hobby with them too, you never know what you'll see next.

• Excellent 2