PWL216

Is ethanol free fuel really worth it?

kpinnc

I think whether ethanol fuel leeches water or not is likely the result or the environment it is stored in.

...Now that I read back over that it sounds obvious or stupid or both. :blink: BUT my point is that if you live in a place like I do, that sees relative humidity numbers approaching 100 during both winter and summer- ethanol fuel is more problematic in a carbureted system.

Maybe a better warning for ethanol is this: if you ever seen dew on anything under your shed at any time of day or night, you might want to avoid ethanol fuel. If it sweats on the outside, it does so on the inside as well. This is also why we never wrap anything in a tarp here that we want to protect from moisture. It sweats (condensates) more under the tarp, and it sweats everywhere. Not just the outside. 

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 3

lynnmor
4 hours ago, kpinnc said:

I think whether ethanol fuel leeches water or not is likely the result or the environment it is stored in.

I have seen folks take the cap off of gas cans or fuel tanks and leave them off for long periods of time.  Don't do that, keep containers and tanks closed except while actually pouring fuel. 

• Like 4

wh500special

It seems like the only obvious way to avoid this ethanol/non-ethanol dilemma is to switch to EVs. 

B)

I make no effort to avoid ethanol spiked gasoline.  

Steve

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
12 minutes ago, wh500special said:

It seems like the only obvious way to avoid this ethanol/non-ethanol dilemma is to switch to EVs. 

B)

I make no effort to avoid ethanol spiked gasoline.  

Steve

:text-yeahthat:

Just for the record, I have never run ethanol gas in either of my E-141s or my A-60... Seem to be just fine... :scared-shocked:

• Haha 4