Treepep

So,  I got this old roto Spader with a mixed lot of Briggs parts I wanted.  I am finally getting around to taking this apart.  I have numbers from the tins but I am not finding parts.  I believe it to be a craftsman/sears/maybe even David Bradley as well.  Trans is DB I think.  Any help would be greatly appreciated 

PXL_20240110_134919253.jpg

PXL_20240110_134904879.jpg

gwest_ca

What numbers do you have?

• Like 1

Treepep
19 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

What numbers do you have?

Numbers on the motor are... 143177032  6284 05501

Treepep

So... I am having difficulty removing the flywheel.  No puller I own would come close to reaching. Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Not an expert however all of the older sears roto spaders i have found are briggs.  This is not.  Odd... to me and my limited knowledge.  

A few websites I utilize for small engine parts come up with exploded diagrams and no available parts.  The motor is a craftsman I think although a lot of the obsolete numbers cross over with Tecumseh parts so I do not know???  The tiller is a David Bradley I believe.  seems to be solid.  Just cast numbers I do not follow instead of the usual DB badge starting with 917.

I may just re power down the road.  I have several antique tillers that are awesome.

953 nut

A Harmonic Balancer puller is what you need for flywheel removal.           image.jpeg.a1c696596380ce53226c7fe3215f25c1.jpegYou can borrow them from most auto parts stores.

• Thanks 1

lynnmor

Till a few years ago I had a Sears tiller that looked the same.  The Tecumseh engine died and I replaced it with a Briggs.  The reverse was always troublesome so I removed it, the parts might still be around here.

Treepep
On 1/13/2024 at 9:47 AM, lynnmor said:

Till a few years ago I had a Sears tiller that looked the same.  The Tecumseh engine died and I replaced it with a Briggs.  The reverse was always troublesome so I removed it, the parts might still be around here.

Yeah.  It may be just that.  Straightforward however I have not seen a setup like this one.  I removed the motor to continue with my repairs.  Busted a fin on the flywheel in the process.:unsure: Rewound the recoil starter without blood or cussing though so... Win I guess.  I will keep looking for parts.  

Thank you!