ebinmaine

Rear axle bracket on OUTSIDE of plow frame?

ebinmaine

I have a rear axle bracket specifically made for snow plows, I believe.

I figure it to be that way because it mounts on the front of the axle instead of facing down and it's larger and taller and wider than any other stock hitch I've seen.

Probably homemade but I got it the way it is now so I don't know. It mounts on the outside of the snow dozer frame instead of on the inside like a normal attach o matic. 

We would like to put this on Trina's Military Tribute Tractor because it would permit keeping the aftermarket bolt on 2-in receiver hitch in place where the bolts go horizontally over the top and bottom of the square axle. 

Would there be any specific negativity to having the rear axle bracket on the outside of the pivoting pin at the back of the plow frame?

wallfish
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I have a rear axle bracket specifically made for snow plows, I believe.

I figure it to be that way because it mounts on the front of the axle instead of facing down and it's larger and taller and wider than any other stock hitch I've seen.

Probably homemade but I got it the way it is now so I don't know. It mounts on the outside of the snow dozer frame instead of on the inside like a normal attach o matic. 

We would like to put this on Trina's Military Tribute Tractor because it would permit keeping the aftermarket bolt on 2-in receiver hitch in place where the bolts go horizontally over the top and bottom of the square axle. 

Would there be any specific negativity to having the rear axle bracket on the outside of the pivoting pin at the back of the plow frame?

Nope. The older brackets worked like that

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Handy Don
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

it mounts on the front of the axle instead of facing down and it's larger and taller and wider than any other stock hitch I've seen.

1 hour ago, wallfish said:

... The older brackets worked like that

Yep, @Ed Kennell educated me on these (I also have one that came on the 854). Apparently fits the “A” frame plows for short frame tractors very nicely--I haven’t tried it 😁

A bit more awkward to latch the plow and it can be a really tight fit with the later plow frames.

It won’t work on the frames that don’t have the rod at the end protruding out of the sides of the frame.

It does keep the rear of the plow frame a bit higher off the ground so could limit the blade max lift height.

Better ground clearance at rear transaxle when the plow is off the tractor.

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 3

Lee1977

'EB just go to Wheel horse parts &more and buy the Xi axle hitch. It mounts on the bottom of the axle got a hitch on both sides with push button latching. While your buying get two, CCoolloossssuuss needs a double hitch.

• Like 1