Graham529

New clutch parts

Graham529

Hi All, I’m currently looking for one of these parts for my c-121 restoration project.

As I am in the U.K. I am struggling to find anyone who can supply.

i have spoke to a few places in the U.S. that stock them but they don’t ship to the U.K. 

Anyone know where I could get my hands on one of these?

many thanks 

GrahamIMG_4115.jpeg.91c0a7918f09d1828f2eecd3e4b1c4e9.jpeg

ri702bill

Graham - it is my understanding that the brake bracket / pad is discontinued and NLA.... Most folks just leave it off.

Bill

lynnmor

If you still have the steel part, you can use brake material from an old brake pad, just glue and rivet it on.

Graham529
44 minutes ago, ri702bill said:

Graham - it is my understanding that the brake bracket / pad is discontinued and NLA.... Most folks just leave it off.

Bill

Thanks for your reply Bill, I didn’t know I could use without it! Thanks so much for the info it’s much appreciated 

Graham529
41 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

If you still have the steel part, you can use brake material from an old brake pad, just glue and rivet it on.

Great idea! Hadn’t thought of this! Thanks so very much 

WHX??

If you want to stay original K&B horse parts in the vendors section may have them. Don't know if he sends across the pond tho. 

Graham529
10 hours ago, WHX?? said:

If you want to stay original K&B horse parts in the vendors section may have them. Don't know if he sends across the pond tho. 

These were one of the vendors I spoke to but they unfortunately don’t ship out of the U.S. but many thanks for the reply

squonk

I don't know what the big deal is not shipping across a little water. I shipped parts to Stormin with no issue. 

rjg854

@squonk  buy one and ship it to him, if wants you to  ;)

• Excellent 1

76c12091520h
11 hours ago, squonk said:

I don't know what the big deal is not shipping across a little water. I shipped parts to Stormin with no issue. 

A few years back, had a Canadian customer pay thru PayPal. Payment was made by the customer  but PayPal refused to transfer the funds until the shipment was in possession of the customer. Tracking had to be provided by me to both the  customer and PayPal but once the parcel leaves the U.S. tracking info is sketchy at best. The customer had the package for 2 weeks before PayPal would process the funds. All the safeguards put in place by PayPal protect the purchaser. This in addition to the extra forms / paperwork / = never again.  (Fyi , it was several hundred dollars worth of parts)

Edited by 76c12091520h
  • Excellent 1

squonk

I received payment through PayPal. Then shipped the parts through USPS. 1 simple form. Parts arrived in England in 10 days. Maybe because you are a business there were more hurdles? 

Edited by squonk