AJ Desalvo

T657

Retired Wrencher

AJ :WRS: As you can see much help here for you.I think you are ahead of the game with the K181 engine. The Teckys can be a bit fussy engine if you do not have a good carb meaning original or lucky over the big pond carb. I have had my share of them. some where very good and some where bad. I hope you enjoy the tractor. All so enjoy the ride.:auto-layrubber:

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

AJ Desalvo
11 hours ago, D_Mac said:

It's a 657 turned into an 857. Nice upgrade. I'd clean up that wiring and what I think is a fuel line stretched across the blower housing. Fuel line should run under it. Rub it all down with some boiled linseed oil and it will shine up nice. 

Yes, the wiring and fuel line will be addressed this weekend!! I wasn’t impressed with what I saw when I first looked at the tractor….

• Like 2

AJ Desalvo
20 hours ago, ri702bill said:

Do check the condition of the shifter boot - if worn or torn - replace it! The shifter acts like a wick in the rain - water goes right by it if it is bad and into the Unidrive... not good.

There is no dipstick on yours, unlike the later Unidrives. You MAY be due for a fluid change anyway.. Manual explains MOST of it.... not all.

Good morning!

Yes, the boot is torn.

I found the p/n 3577.

Where would you recommend purchasing or finding the boot?

Thank you in advance… 👋👍

953 nut
5 minutes ago, AJ Desalvo said:

Good morning!

Yes, the boot is torn.

I found the p/n 3577.

Where would you recommend purchasing or finding the boot?

Thank you in advance… 👋👍

Lowell @wheelhorseman is a vendor on Red Square and has lots of good quality parts you may need. Here is a link to the boot, check out the rest of his site also.

https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/product/wheel-horse-3577-shifter-boot/

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Jon Paulsen

If you decide to go into the gear box, they are nice, simple, sweet. @stevasaurus is the man to know. See his instructions https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/144-transmissions/ Not sure which is for the 657, so the link is to all of the tranny instructionals. I recommend you hit him up on youtube, like and subscribe.  

• Like 1
  • Heart 1