Mike in Esko

Ready for Winter in Northern MN

ri702bill

Mike - nice!! The smaller one looks to be a 1962 702 - one of my favorites. I still have my FIL's 702 he bought used in 1965.

Both would benefit from having wheel weights and 2 link chains ( they grip and ride better) Front weights help with the steering when the plow is angled.

Both are capable snow movers......

• Like 3

gwest_ca

Don't think this series of blades came with skids but they did come available for a hefty price

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Mike in Esko

Thanks @ri702bill, yes, it is a 702.  And she is a bit light, both in the front and rear.  I don't plow too much with her anymore, more of a keepsake I use once or twice just so my Dad knows she still is in good shape.  Keeping my eye out for front weights for the C120 so eventually I'll find some.

Thanks @gwest_ca, really appreciate your work in keeping manuals and service bulletins available.  They help a lot.  Your work is appreciated!

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

ri702bill

Mike - the price of OE Wheel Horse front cast weights is borderline rediculous in my opinion - I for one will foresake originality over functionality for a seasonaly used item...

The fastener size and spacing ARE different  between the 702 and the C series. I made up sets of dedicated cast iron 25 LB barbell weights for both my C81 and the 854 - a buck a pound from a local vendor of used gym equipment.... and some threaded rod, Loctite and hexnuts..... and had money left over to eat that week!!!

P1010130.JPG

P1010325.JPG

• Like 9

Jon Paulsen

Nice horses y'all got there :music-guitarred::happy-jumpyellow::USA:

• Like 2

ebinmaine
13 hours ago, Mike in Esko said:

Hi all.  I have been a Red Square member now for 12 years or so but don't often log in and very rarely have posted. But, thought maybe you'd all like to see a couple of pics..

Niiiiice rigs Mike!! 

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

Mike it is not how many you post you make it is just for love of these tractors. You look every day and find something that is interesting. Enjoy the ride.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Wild Bill 633

@Mike in Esko You may want to consider installing a rubber wear strip to the bottom of your plow from https://chalmersinnovations.com I have them on installed on both of my plows and do not use skid shoes. They work and wear very good on my concrete driveway and don't tear up the grass along the edge.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart

@Mike in Esko thank you for keeping your dear dad’s machine looking and running so well!  Enjoy, and stay warm!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Handy Don

21 hours ago, Mike in Esko said:

don't often log in and very rarely have posted

We have quite a few members who are not regular visitors. Come back anytime and chip in when so moved 😄

20 hours ago, Mike in Esko said:

Thanks @gwest_ca, really appreciate your work in keeping manuals and service bulletins available.  They help a lot.  Your work is appreciated!

Seconded with enthusiasm. No way I’d have been able get as much done as I have for as low a cost (and with as much enjoyment) without those documents and the annotations you’ve added.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

I gotta comment on that dealer sticker on the 120 plow. Leeds Garage is right in my back yard.  Met the owner at a tractor show several times but sadly out of business now. He invited me to come check out his horse parts to see if anything I needed. I failed to go and the boys here reamed me big time. Was a horse dealer for at least 3 generations. 

If you could get us a good pic of that sticker I would like to see it put in the dealer thread. 

Your 702 is a real survivor :handgestures-thumbupright: and AlWAYS a fav round hood by everyone around here. 

Mike in Esko

Hi @WHX??, here are two better pics of the dealer pic.  I picked the blade, weights and chains up in Sparta, WI, about 1-1/2 hour from Arlington.  Not sure if the older gentleman I purchased the package deal from had the stuff a long time or not.   Glad the dealer sticker stirred up some memories.

Mike

Dealer.jpg

Dealer 2.jpg

• Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Thanks Mike:handgestures-thumbupright:

Just guessing that blade might have went through several hands ... who knows... before you found it but still a nice survivor.