Jeremiah elliott

I ask for your knowledge once again!

Jeremiah elliott

So just ordered new gas cap and stickers, going to a toro dealer and the older gentleman there is very excited to see it come in. He is gonna take a look and fix a few issues. Going against the original, but I am leaning towards candy apple red paint job. But here is where I need help. Was there white pin stripe on the hoods? I have seen some with and some without. It does look clean but just curious. And what is the gauge in the dash? Mine is nasty looking and I can’t tell what it is suppose to be doing. But would like to replace it. Anyone know?

C6991457-94D9-43C1-8A58-62D702E9930A.jpeg

F323B3CA-A56D-460F-A828-E2C1A4F718C2.jpeg

925A6027-DA76-48A4-A600-620F9F4BDF7A.jpeg

• Excellent 1

ri702bill

Looks like you have yourself a 1962 552 - Originally an electric start Lauson (pre Tecumseh) engine - about 5-1/2 HP. The gauge is an ammeter - and can be a source of severe electrical problems if it goes bad. Lots of folks now switch to a voltmeter instead. No white stripe on the hood as from WH, just the white lettering. Terry @Vinylguy also sells the precut stick-on white letters for the front of the hood.......

• Like 2

Pullstart

Awesome pics!  Candy Apple Red would be cool. If you choose to go with a volt meter, the wiring will change.  Positive charge goes TROUGH the ammeter, a power and ground go TO the volt meter.

ri702bill
7 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Awesome pics!  Candy Apple Red would be cool. If you choose to go with a volt meter, the wiring will change.  Positive charge goes TROUGH the ammeter, a power and ground go TO the volt meter.

There was a posting here a while back that clearly outlined the wiring change needed going from an ammeter to a voltmeter. The main thing is to wire it so that the voltmeter is OFF when the key is off.

• Like 1

953 nut
7 hours ago, Jeremiah elliott said:

And what is the gauge in the dash? Mine is nasty looking and I can’t tell what it is suppose to be doing. But would like to replace it. Anyone know?

The gauge in question was an Amp Meter. Go to post # 17  of your previous thread on this same tractor and open the attachment I gave you which has all the information about switching from an Amp Meter to a Voltmeter.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

D_Mac

Matching paint on the trailer?

• Excellent 1

Jeremiah elliott
3 hours ago, D_Mac said:

Matching paint on the trailer?

Didn’t think about it but that would be pretty cool.

Jeremiah elliott
9 hours ago, 953 nut said:

The gauge in question was an Amp Meter. Go to post # 17  of your previous thread on this same tractor and open the attachment I gave you which has all the information about switching from an Amp Meter to a Voltmeter.

I didn’t see that link previously or may not of realized what it was. Thank you for that.

• Thanks 1

D_Mac
49 minutes ago, Jeremiah elliott said:

Didn’t think about it but that would be pretty cool.

If you are going through all the work to candy the tractor, you might as well do the trailer. Love trailers !!! 

20220512_145808.jpg

20220522_103503.jpg

20220813_150151.jpg

• Like 1

Jeremiah elliott
1 hour ago, D_Mac said:

If you are going through all the work to candy the tractor, you might as well do the trailer. Love trailers !!! 

20220512_145808.jpg

20220522_103503.jpg

20220813_150151.jpg

I love that stack! And I agree I’ll go ahead and do a trailer. I’m trying to get it done for the show next year. I’d love to take it and also see everyone else’s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1