Joe leonardo

1969 hood latch

Joe leonardo

Does anyone have a photo of what a 1969 wheel horse charger hood latch would look like

Lee1977

This is a new replacement for my 71 Raider.  The original was turn down smaller on each end. The holes were so worn in my hood I just used the full 1/4" rod.   

I also made some tabs that I riveted to the hood to get the holes down to 1/4" in the hood. 

SAM-1618.jpg

SAM-1660.jpg

SAM-1756.jpg

I will mail it to you free if you PM me your address. 

Edited by Lee1977
  • Excellent 2

Joe leonardo
12 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

This is a new replacement for my 71 Raider.  The original was turn down smaller on each end. The holes were so worn in my hood I just used the full 1/4" rod.   

I also made some tabs that I riveted to the hood to get the holes down to 1/4" in the hood. 

SAM-1618.jpg

SAM-1660.jpg

SAM-1756.jpg

I will mail it to you free if you PM me your address. 

Shoot I'll take it

• Excellent 1

Moonshine*Connoisseur

This is what it's all about. 

DCwom

Looks just like my Raider latch, but less rusty. I'm still trying to figure out how to handle the oversize holes from wear in my hood. I'm liking the fix by @Lee1977, very discrete when painted, but painting isn't in my near future, nor is the sheet metal fab, how'd you get those rivets so flush, all I've got is a pop rivet gun which isn't near as pretty.

Lee1977
3 hours ago, DCwom said:

Looks just like my Raider latch, but less rusty. I'm still trying to figure out how to handle the oversize holes from wear in my hood. I'm liking the fix by @Lee1977, very discrete when painted, but painting isn't in my near future, nor is the sheet metal fab, how'd you get those rivets so flush, all I've got is a pop rivet gun which isn't near as pretty.

They are small rivets for holding ID plates. The head of the rivet is on the inside of the hood.

SAM-1758-Copy.jpg

Edited by Lee1977