BPEisenhower

Who enjoys fishing?

BPEisenhower

Here's just a sample of what I run into operating the dredge. Like clockwork, here's the patrol that shows up for stale morning doughnuts or bread. No, I don't and won't throw a line in when working, it's not fair and these are like pets. But after hours it's a different story! Catch and release for me but if you want to keep a few, that's great! The only requirement is a fishing license since DNR does patrol and have a select few fish tagged. Lots of catfish, bass, crappie, bluegill... 

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

oliver2-44

Are they attracted to the dredge and things it kicks up or spits out?

BPEisenhower
5 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Are they attracted to the dredge and things it kicks up or spits out?

I don't know if it's the vibration in the water from digging or if it's from the teeth kicking up sand, gravel, and possibly scaring smaller fish/ minnows. All I do know is within a minute, they're circling the dredge 

• Like 2

Pullstart

I tried catfishin in Kentucky a few years back.  We’d set a line in the water at night with little jingle janglers on the poles.  We were on a big houseboat.  By morning, we’d be all tangled up and need to snap the line.  My “normal” fishing trip consists of trolling on the big lake for salmon or lake trout.  This year I took a trip to northern Michigan and river fished for kings, and while in Alaska on our cruise we landed a few kings then too.  Awesome times!  I’d really like to find time to go looking for panfish here and there, but it never works out it seems.

CECDAB67-9877-4B62-8DE9-621933B00893.jpeg

02758017-60EC-45EA-B8F9-1513BB76C11D.png

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

JoeM

Look like channel cats. just about my favorite eating fish. 

If you want to get the big ones cut up a bluegill and toss it out there. They love it. 

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Can you share a picture of the Dredge

• Like 1

peter lena

Ed Kennell

104_1987.JPG.0dd255e2f2822572f9506d6d54acee3d.JPG104_1988.JPG.a20c3504b4b3528af7fb0d8a80b1dd32.JPG102_3233.JPG.f8da3f9c3b5ea8e7a42fba2a1536efec.JPG

• Like 1