Is this a wheel horse?

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, Joe leonardo said:

Ignition 

I dunno what that'd be for.   

• Like 1

953 nut
5 hours ago, Joe leonardo said:

I need help fast before shop ends the gen light is grounded is that correct, the wiring diagram says one should go to start and the other to ignition

Sorry I couldn't answer sooner but that light will just tell you the key switch is in the ON position. The generator light is Cole-Hersee  PL 20 RC and you can buy one on :techie-ebay:

COLE HERSEE PL-20-RC000-BX RED PILOT LIGHT, 2 WIRE, NIB - Picture 1 of 4

• Like 1

Joe leonardo

Got the wiring done and the tank patched up tomorrow I get to see if it runs 🤞

PXL_20231130_004716739.jpg

PXL_20231130_004721017.jpg

PXL_20231130_004751292.jpg

• Like 3

J854D

@Joe leonardo, a word of caution; the white wire that is on the A terminal of the generator is not heavy/big enough to carry the electrical load of starting the engine. Typically a 6ga. or 4ga. battery type cable is used. I am also concerned about the ignition switch that you are using not having a high enough amp rating to carry the starting load. The Wheel Horse ignition switch #7263 that @953 nut had posted on page two of this thread is what is commonly used on these starter/generator systems. I just don’t want you to have problems when you go to start it up. -JD-

• Like 2

Joe leonardo
40 minutes ago, J854D said:

@Joe leonardo, a word of caution; the white wire that is on the A terminal of the generator is not heavy/big enough to carry the electrical load of starting the engine. Typically a 6ga. or 4ga. battery type cable is used. I am also concerned about the ignition switch that you are using not having a high enough amp rating to carry the starting load. The Wheel Horse ignition switch #7263 that @953 nut had posted on page two of this thread is what is commonly used on these starter/generator systems. I just don’t want you to have problems when you go to start it up. -JD-

Alright in the morning I'll rewire that white wire and pray the switch works 🙏

• Like 1

Joe leonardo
44 minutes ago, J854D said:

I've got 10ga I might have to go to the store in the morning 

• Like 1

Joe leonardo

This is all the 4 gauge I got

17013129682688854106623975365166.jpg

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, J854D said:

I am also concerned about the ignition switch

You could just add a  starter solenoid  like the newer wheel Horses.    I never did like all that current flowing behind the fuel tank.

• Like 3

Joe leonardo
9 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

You could just add a  starter solenoid  like the newer wheel Horses.    I never did like all that current flowing behind the fuel tank.

Right now it needs to get off my truck I'm gonna try it with the tank off first and if it doesn't fry itself I'll put the tank on but maybe later I'll try it

• Like 1

Joe leonardo
15 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Got it cranking and it doesn't have spark

• Sad 1

Joe leonardo

Got it cranking and it doesn't have spark

• Sad 1

Joe leonardo

She runs!!!!!! At full throttle non stop I have to manually pull the gov back and ideas? Is it supposed to run full when cold?

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

Glad you got it running               :woohoo:              Is your throttle cable stuck wide open or will it move? Could be a spring on the throttle/governor linkage isn't in the correct position. Does you linkage look anything like this?

IMG_2462.JPG

• Like 1

Joe leonardo
54 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Glad you got it running               :woohoo:              Is your throttle cable stuck wide open or will it move? Could be a spring on the throttle/governor linkage isn't in the correct position. Does you linkage look anything like this?

IMG_2462.JPG

The throttle is home made but the gov spring is loose and it won't return fully 

• Like 1

Rick3478
31 minutes ago, Joe leonardo said:

The throttle is home made but the gov spring is loose and it won't return fully 

It's possible the governor just needs adjustment.  Also possible the governor has lost one of the flyweights (or other internal engine problem).  So try the governor baseline adjustment procedure first, it's pretty painless.

• Like 2

Joe leonardo

monday ill be back at school and ill take some photos

• Like 1

Joe leonardo
On 11/30/2023 at 6:25 PM, Rick3478 said:

It's possible the governor just needs adjustment.  Also possible the governor has lost one of the flyweights (or other internal engine problem).  So try the governor baseline adjustment procedure first, it's pretty painless.

I watched a video and figured it out now it works perfectly 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 6

Pullstart

Nice work!

• Like 2

Joe leonardo

So a few things happened in shop class first I found out why the throttle was not working I readjusted the gov arm and it was definitely better but not great I then noticed the coil had slipped down and was jamming the linkage 🥲

I also found out that my gas tank repair was futile and it still leaks gas, I plan on using a soldering gun to fix the hair line crack down the side and it's empty so I shouldn't die 👍

Edited by Joe leonardo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, Joe leonardo said:

it's empty so I shouldn't die 👍

Not dying is a good goal. 

Always remember that the fumes from gasoline are FAR MORE DANGEROUS than the liquid itself.

You may want to just get another tank.

• Like 1

Joe leonardo
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Not dying is a good goal. 

Always remember that the fumes from gasoline are FAR MORE DANGEROUS than the liquid itself.

You may want to just get another tank.

I can't find one anywhere 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Joe leonardo said:

I can't find one anywhere 

Try one of our Redsquare methods. 

K & B Horse Parts. 

Brian Badman. @76c12091520h

Or place an add in our own classified section.  

Or CALL A to Z Tractor in PA.  

They're out there....

Maybe not super common. But they're out there.  

• Like 1

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Joe leonardo said:

I also found out that my gas tank repair was futile and it still leaks gas, I plan on using a soldering gun to fix the hair line crack down the side and it's empty so I shouldn't die 👍

Your shop teacher will be able to guide you on how to do this safely. Please ask for help!

• Like 2

Joe leonardo
1 hour ago, Handy Don said:

Your shop teacher will be able to guide you on how to do this safely. Please ask for help!

I know about 15x more than my shop teacher 😂

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

rjg854

There's a saying

Those who can't do, teach.

• Haha 4