rmaynard

Amateur or Hobbyist Photo Darkroom Person

rmaynard

I am just curious if anyone dabbles in the darkroom. Before I was married with children, and for about 10 years thereafter, I had a darkroom in my basement. I only worked with black and white, but I had a lot of fun. Since that time, all the darkroom stuff has been sold, and with the advent of digital, I no longer take any film pictures. However, before Wheel Horses became my passion, I collected cameras. Many of the old cameras still had film in them, and many of the collections included exposed rolls of film. I never have gotten around to discovering what is on those rolls. So I was wondering if any of you do any home darkroom work and would be able to develop and maybe print some of these rolls of film.

film.jpg

• Like 1

CCW

There was a time when I did quite a bit.  First darkroom work was when I was twelve in the Boys Club in Providence.

• Like 1

ri702bill
1 hour ago, CCW said:

Boys Club in Providence

Southside or North End???

CCW
13 hours ago, ri702bill said:

Southside

It was at Southside.  My father was the first director of the Southside club house and was the executive director of all the clubs in Providence and North Providence for nearly 30 years.  I spent many hours in the old Fox Point club house on South Main Street.

ri702bill

Small world - as a kid, used to go to Southside myself....

stevasaurus

Hey Bob, maybe Tractor Chick knows somebody that does that.  :eusa-think:

Handy Don

There are definitely still a couple of labs that are processing film and then digitizing the negatives. Ms. Google could help you out!