briankd

Long overdue pickup purchase

Tonytoro416

Very nice pickup.  Sounds well deserved

• Like 3

Achto

Sweet ride!! :handgestures-thumbupright: Congrats !!

• Like 1

Pullstart

Awesome ride!  I’m sure it’s very close inside to my 2020 Silverado.  It was great, I just got tired of the payments and the Carvana offer was as much as I paid new for it!

• Like 2

briankd
22 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Awesome ride!  I’m sure it’s very close inside to my 2020 Silverado.  It was great, I just got tired of the payments and the Carvana offer was as much as I paid new for it!

This truck loaded dealer gave me the monthly payment i laughed at them I never mentioned any down payment .bought this outright. It is half payed for with the down payment I gave them makes payment much much better

• Like 4

lynnmor

I have walked away from several dealers that gave me monthly payment figures, I never asked them about payments.  Just give me the out the door price and no BS.

• Like 5

davem1111
39 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

I have walked away from several dealers that gave me monthly payment figures, I never asked them about payments.  Just give me the out the door price and no BS.

Common experience I guess, for those who actually think about what's happening in a large purchase like this. (It helps that my son has worked various sales and finance jobs with car dealers for quite a few years and gave me good advice). When I was buying my 2017 Nissan Frontier back in April, I was asked the typical "what monthly payment are you looking for?" and I said, first let's talk about the actual purchase price, what "extras" you're trying to pile on it, and what interest rates are available.

I also checked the interest rate with the credit union I'm a member of, that my daughter's car is financed through.... close, but not good enough. The dealer actually got me a slightly better interest rate, and I got them to remove some optional extras that I didn't want. Then I adjusted my down payment to get an acceptable monthly payment. The finance manager was a bit surprised at my approach. I suppose most buyers just want a montly payment they can swallow and don't care about the details.  Which reminds me, my deal included a free yearly undercoating, which I have yet to get done. Now would be a good time for that.

• Like 2

peter lena

@briankd nice looking unit , do yourself a favor , as you drive around , and notice similar trucks , also note the rust starting ,puffy paint , yellow / orange banding   the rust starting .especially note the vinyl  fender arcs , they hold in the rot / moisture , open cross beaming in the frame , lower tail gate , suspension arcs in wheel wells .typical dealer sprays , lack any detailing , only a quick  look nice spray . just a suggestion , just look at any similar truck , good luck with it , pete

• Like 2

Treepep

Congratulations! Its white however there isn't any chrome so I will forgive ya:lol:

My mother flooded and consequently started a new Ford Ranger (roughly a hundred years ago) and one of three detached garages on fire.  

Dad was not pleased but they are still seemingly happily married.

Just sayin, go easy on her stuff happens and trucks are replaceable (more or less)

Very nice ride sir!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Handy Don
6 hours ago, davem1111 said:

finance manager was a bit surprised at my approach

Maybe 20 years ago, a dealer advertised “you can pay with a credit card”!

After setting it up with my credit card company and negotiating an “out the door” price for a used, off lease car, I handed the salesman the card.

“How much doyou want to put on it”, he asks. “All of it” says I. Guy turned pale and mumbled “I gotta talk to the manager”.

Manager comes back and the conversation didn’t go well. Tried to charge extra for handling the card. Adios!

A week later I get a call. “If I knock $450 off the price are you ok with $5k on the card and the rest as a bank check?” 

Quick calculation by me and “Sure, I’ll be over tomorrow morning"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

davem1111
33 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Maybe 20 years ago, a dealer advertised “you can pay with a credit card”!

Yeah, funny that you mention that.  I have an AMEX card that I *could have* paid almost the entire truck purchase on, but the interest rate is horrendous. If they were having a "zero percent on purchases" promotion though, I would have considered it, then shopped around for a better loan deal.  

Also of interest, that I forgot to mention in my case - the financing I got actually came through a finance company owned by the same people that own the dealership. I was a bit dubious at first, but the rate was good, and I guess they can afford to offer good rates when it's boosting their own dealership sales. It's just one more thing to be aware of.  Where is that loan coming from? I don't think many people consider that when buying a vehicle, or maybe even a house.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Nice ride! :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Most dealers have a max amount they will allow you to put on a CC. I ask what that is after the "price" is settled. I then put max (usually $3,000 - $5,000) on the CC, pay CC off in full immediately and get my 1% cash back... even though not a lot, free money is always nice. Used to be worth a tank of gas but now about 2/3 of a tank... better than nothing!

• Like 2

Handy Don
10 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Nice ride! :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Most dealers have a max amount they will allow you to put on a CC. I ask what that is after the "price" is settled. I then put max (usually $3,000 - $5,000) on the CC, pay CC off in full immediately and get my 1% cash back... even though not a lot, free money is always nice. Used to be worth a tank of gas but now about 2/3 of a tank... better than nothing!

:text-yeahthat: 

This dealer didn’t have his disclaimer until AFTER my visit and I was thinking LOTS of airline points.

Now, I can’t even buy dinner at a restaurant without a “credit surcharge”. I’m back to carrying cash!

11 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

pay CC off in full immediately

That was my plan as well. The points would’ve gotten us an airline flight.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

briankd
13 hours ago, peter lena said:

@briankd nice looking unit , do yourself a favor , as you drive around , and notice similar trucks , also note the rust starting ,puffy paint , yellow / orange banding   the rust starting .especially note the vinyl  fender arcs , they hold in the rot / moisture , open cross beaming in the frame , lower tail gate , suspension arcs in wheel wells .typical dealer sprays , lack any detailing , only a quick  look nice spray . just a suggestion , just look at any similar truck , good luck with it , pete

Getting this sprayed next week by company called krown . They are a Canadian company stuff they spray is a liquid and it creeps into cracks and stuff .been getting my gmc suv sprayed by them since 2015 awesome product check them out krown rustprofing.com they garrentee their work. Hell of alot better than zbart

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Darb1964
On 11/7/2023 at 9:32 PM, briankd said:

Been 7 years since my wife blew up my 95 chevy truck .sold it for 1k$ .finally pulled the trigger on a 2022 gmc limited elevation with 20k miles .5.3 gas half ton 4 wheel drive rated to tow 9200 pound .needed this to pull my boat and haul stuff just put tri fold flush mount cover on the bed .trucks sure not cheap these days

20231105_103232.jpg

20231107_202526.jpg

Awesome truck, we're looking for something for my wife, it's crazy what they cost.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

briankd
5 hours ago, Darb1964 said:

Awesome truck, we're looking for something for my wife, it's crazy what they cost.

Yes sir this truck new was 65 k 

• Like 1

peter lena

@briankd  Canadian  rust proofers have been at this for  a long time , their thoroughness and detailing is the deal, metal creep and finish seal coating  , is what you want , they actually take an interest in their work , glad for you , Pete

• Like 1

briankd
25 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@briankd  Canadian  rust proofers have been at this for  a long time , their thoroughness and detailing is the deal, metal creep and finish seal coating  , is what you want , they actually take an interest in their work , glad for you , Pete

Had wife's car done by them and local krown sprayer screwed up the drivers door they drilled access hole wrong and dented door we just brought car home from dealer 3 days prior but they payed body shop to repair it

• Like 1

briankd
23 hours ago, davem1111 said:

Common experience I guess, for those who actually think about what's happening in a large purchase like this. (It helps that my son has worked various sales and finance jobs with car dealers for quite a few years and gave me good advice). When I was buying my 2017 Nissan Frontier back in April, I was asked the typical "what monthly payment are you looking for?" and I said, first let's talk about the actual purchase price, what "extras" you're trying to pile on it, and what interest rates are available.

I also checked the interest rate with the credit union I'm a member of, that my daughter's car is financed through.... close, but not good enough. The dealer actually got me a slightly better interest rate, and I got them to remove some optional extras that I didn't want. Then I adjusted my down payment to get an acceptable monthly payment. The finance manager was a bit surprised at my approach. I suppose most buyers just want a montly payment they can swallow and don't care about the details.  Which reminds me, my deal included a free yearly undercoating, which I have yet to get done. Now would be a good time for that.

Funny thing about this I bought wife's car from this dealer in 2017 .guy I work with used to be salesman there he knew the family that owns the dealership  personally and he was able to get me a deal 22k chevy cruise for 13k out the door .so I know the dealer owner and I dealt directly with him on this truck purchase got free 5 year full factory extended warranty free 5 year tire and wheel coverage no deductible to replace free zebart diamond coat paint and interior 5 years plus was listed for 45k paid 43k for truck

Edited by briankd
Added
  • Like 3

briankd

Also salesman says this considered used since had 20 k miles and they won't fill gas tank like they do new ones I spoke to owner of dealership he put sales women in her place and told her go fill it with gas 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Handy Don
4 hours ago, briankd said:

Also salesman says this considered used since had 20 k miles and they won't fill gas tank like they do new ones I spoke to owner of dealership he put sales women in her place and told her go fill it with gas 😂 

Thick end of a Franklin right there!

• Like 1