Jesse Rieber

C145 Wild horse

Jesse Rieber

I have a C145 automatic.  When I slide it into forward it bucks like a wild horse.  I have replaced the carb and all new high tension electrics components, set the valves and timing.  Inspecting the connecting parts to the shifter I find, at minimum, that the automatic neutral does not work, and when the break pedal is depressed the little piece that rises up which allow the parking brake lever to be engaged does not rise up even close enough for the break lever to engage.  Any idea about how to fix all of this, the bucking when put into gear especially.  Thanks in advance, Jesse Rieber

Pullstart

Hi Jesse,  @daveoman1966 and @pfrederi are some of our resident hydro gurus but it sounds to me like a new plastic shift cam might be in order.  I do know that the rod that rotates perpendicular to the shift tunnel is NOT supposed to be lubeicated and the return spring inside there is often broken or missing.

pfrederi

Sorry C-145 are Eatons..I work on Sunstrands..

• Like 1

953 nut

Are we talking about an Eaton 1100 or a Sundstrand Hydro?

Either way if the plate the transaxle bolts to is cracked or the bolts aren't tight that could be the bucking problem.

• Like 4

Pullstart
29 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Sorry C-145 are Eatons..I work on Sunstrands..

Right.  I even have one in my shop for engine work.  See how much I pay attention?!?  :lol:

• Haha 1

Handy Don
13 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Either way if the plate the transaxle bolts to is cracked or the bolts aren't tight that could be the bucking problem.

Excellent observation!

• Like 1

Jesse Rieber

Thanks to all for the replies.  I'll give it a look in the places mentioned and see what I find

• Like 1