ebinmaine

Aftermarket "isave" carb info

RED-Z06
23 minutes ago, johnnymag3 said:

I don't believe China Companies are taking personal requests from us ???....That seems to be reaching alot ..

JM.02 Cents

John    

Id venture that with a big enough order they could alter something.  At any rate its a matter of inputting a few values on a machine.  He found a company to make the Onan flyball spacers, i think he had to order some 500 of them...at probably $40 each to manufacture, in steel.

• Like 2

Horse Newbie

I agree with @ebinmaine

US citizens are the “great consumers”, and other countries are salivating to land contracts with U.S. manufacturers. And manufacturers can have it built in another country, ship it here, and have a wider profit margin.

Not knocking the environmentalists, but with the EPA rules in the US, and labor costs, manufacturing is not an even playing field across the globe…

We brought the circumstances of quality control on ourselves.

Most things I try to do myself, maintaining complete control on quality…

and besides, why pay someone else to muff it up when I can muff it up a lot cheaper…😆

Next big project… remove and replace a 16x7 garage door and opener…

I will get it done for around $1800…

I don’t think a garage guy would supply the door, opener, and labor anywhere near that…

• Like 3

953 nut
8 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

Next big project… remove and replace a 16x7 garage door and opener…

I will get it done for around $1800…

I don’t think a garage guy would supply the door, opener, and labor anywhere near that

My wife and I installed all the garage doors in my shop (one 18' and two 10') and in our house by our selves with the help of my 953. The 18 foot wide door in the attached garage at the house has insulated double glass windows in the top panel. My wife is five foot one inch short and couldn't lift that heavy panel over her head so I attached a pulley to the door opener bracket and used a strap and the 953 to do the heavy lifting, worked like a charm. We save $ 1,200 by doing the doors ourselves.

Since that time we have both gotten a bit older and we are not available for any future installations though.    :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

U.S. manufacturers. And manufacturers can have it built in another country, ship it here, and have a wider profit margin.

Not knocking the environmentalists, but with the EPA rules in the US, and labor costs, manufacturing is not an even playing field across the globe

Labor costs are only a minor consideration, rules and regulations made up by eggheads who have never worked for a living  have driven our industrial base overseas. The foundry that my father worked for in the 1940s stayed in operation until 2018 because they never expanded their plant after the mid 1960s. With all the new regulations it was costprohibative to grow. No telling how many American jobs could have been created.         :soapbox:     The 2018 closure was forced by the terms forced on them when the plant was grandfathered in 1998.  Over 100 good American jobs were lost forever because of bureaucratic decisions.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2