D_Mac

Hey, At least it's RED !!

D_Mac

Ok so last week I went to this warehouse to purchase a set of lockers for work. When I went to pick them up I asked the guy if he had anything else for sale. He said yes so we took the freight elevator and stopped at a few floors and showed me stuff. It was overwhelming how much stuff is in there. On one of the levels I see way across the floor the back of a " red tractor" I asked... is that a Wheel Horse ? He replied he didn't have any idea. We walked over to see it and nope, not a WH. So I couldn't look long, had to get the lockers back to work. That's all I bought. Later that night he called me to say if I wanted that rider I could have it for free. I told him I really didn't want it but I know someone who might. He said fine they could have it for free as well. I told a friend of mine and he said he would take it. This was Tuesday. Well weds I had to leave work early. I have been really sick 104+ fever for 3 days but that's another story. So I let the guy know I couldn't make it and my friend will still come get it. He said fine. So my friend went today to get it. I don't know what he was expecting but on his way home he decided he didn't want it and was taking it to scrap yard. I said no your not. Drop it off in my yard. I'm still so weak I could even go out to get a good look at it but snapped a few pictures. I know it's your run of the mill lawn tractor but it is pretty cool looking and appears to be in pretty good shape. I looked in the gas tank, bone dry and didn't smell like varnish. The shut off valve had been turned off. Battery disconnected. Oil looked good. Hopefully charge the battery give it a little juice and see what happens. Anyone have any clue to the year ? I spent very little time looking on engine shroud for the stamp. When I feel better I will find it but all my Google searches are coming up empty. Like I said, looks cool. Huge headlights. Kind of an hourglass figure and it's RED !

20231021_154917.jpg

20231021_154925.jpg

20231021_155354.jpg

20231021_155408.jpg

20231021_155017.jpg

20231021_154936.jpg

• Like 7

JoeM

has a little bit of jewelry too!

high HP intake system.

it is in good shape tho.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

That should be a fairly easy flip for a few hundred bucks to get someone an inexpensive mower. 

Engines were reliable. 

That seat alone is worth the price of admission.  

• Thanks 1

ri702bill

Nice score. I would venture a guess that it is manufactured by AYP (Sears, Murray, Roper, and others...) and is an early to mid 1990's model. Some parts, specially the deck look a LOT like Sears...

• Like 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

That seat alone is worth the price of admission

Seat,             :jaw:             what about that free set of wheel weights!

Get well @D_Mac

Tractor | Shaped cards, Get well cards, Cards

• Thanks 1

D_Mac

Yeah so I swapped out batteries, poured some fresh gas in it, turned the key and it started right up. Let it sit there and run for a few minutes, climbed on, pressed the clutch/ brake pedal to the floor, shifted into 1st and it took right off. Appears to have no brake and with my foot still holding the pedal down didn't seem to disengage the drive belt.....weeeeeeee. Going to have look further into it tomorrow.  At least it runs.

20231023_175436.jpg

20231023_182403.jpg

20231023_151955.jpg

20231023_181925.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
  • Like 3