JRP

79361 part needed

JRP

Hi everyone. This is Joe,  from northern  Ontario, Canada. I'm  new to the forum as of today and this is probably  a typical  newbie type  of question.  I  own a 1997 520h,  and  I also have a 79361 snowblower  attachment that's  been sitting  under a tarp that I have recently  taken an interest  in getting  up and running.   I bought  it from a roadside  flea market and I knew it was missing  some parts to get it attached to the 520 but I bought  it anyway.  I'm  wondering  if you  folks  can tell me what I need to attach it.  And if those parts  can even be found!  I've attached some photos of what I  got with blower.  I think I need a chain and the frame  attachment but I need to be advised  by  some  folks who know  more than I about  this blower. And thanks in advance everyone!

20230915_084325.jpg

20230915_084303.jpg

20230915_084250.jpg

20230915_084238.jpg

• Like 1

Rick3478

Looks like missing chain, right angle gearbox, sprocket, pulley, belt, spring, and the whole core bracket/carriage (that you called frame attachment) that mounts the blower to the tractor's front attach-a-matic.  And the associated bolts, nuts, and washers.  Pretty major stuff missing.

• Like 2

rjg854

:WRS:  I'm not familiar with that blower, but check our manuals section for that blower and it should list all the parts required for attachment.  Then you can either put a wanted ad in the classified section or maybe give A-Z Tractor a call to see if he might have the parts.  717-821-2542  Good luck hunting down those parts :handgestures-thumbupright:  you've come to the right place for help.

• Like 1

WHX??

:WRS:

Yep you got a big heavy deuce there. Would work good with a 520. Have one myself and I know the Plunge @JCM has got one too. Gotta agree with Rick though... some pretty major parts missing. I don't see the rear carriage section in your pile that's huge if your missing that. Might be best to find a donor blower & try & make one out of two. 

Once you get the parts we can certainly help you put it together. 

Use the IPL and manual to figure out what's missing and start the hunt. We have plenty of pics on it.

20190114_192307.jpg

20161109_195428.jpg

• Like 1

JCM

:text-welcomeconfetti:  to     :rs:  @JRP

JRP

Thanks  everyone  who  has replied  so far!  I  appreciate  it.   Ya I knew  it was incomplete  at the time of purchase but I did it on a whim.  I'll  try to  look for  parts  and if I  can't find  them oh well.  I'll  definitely  make  the effort  though. 

JRP

Or on second  thought,  is it even worth the  time and effort  to  try to  find these missing  parts? Would  it be a futile search?

Any input  would  be most  appreciated. 

gwest_ca

• Like 1

WHX??
4 hours ago, JRP said:

Or on second  thought,  is it even worth the  time and effort  to  try to  find these missing  parts? Would  it be a futile search?

Truth be told guy and having went through the row you have to hoe I don't think so. Your row is alot more weeds than mine. 

When I scored mine the only thing that was missing was the lift bar and a couple of minor brackets. The lift bar was made of unobtainium but by the help of a member here one was made. 

By the time you do all the leg work to find the parts. Oh my. Then ther is the shipping costs to get things to you. Not having the rear carrier or the the right angle gear box is a deal breaker for me. 

Now if you could find a local parts donor but might be hens teeth... different story.  

Me personally I would look for one more complete and use what you have for parts. 

Not sorry to be so honest just the way I see it. If you did decide to put it together certainly a labor (and money) of love. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

davem1111
32 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

The lift bar was made of unobtainium

Never heard that one before - love it. :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??

Last words when we work on our vintage :wh: Dave. 

• Like 1

JRP

Thanks once again everyone.   WHX??, I think that's  very  good  advice  about  this blower.  I  already have a plow for my 520, which works very well, but  I just thought  having  a blower for this tractor  might be a nice addition,  especially for some of the snowfalls we get here in Ontario.   I'll just keep watching  for a more complete  blower, and  casually watch for parts for this one......... or sell it for parts.  Anyone interested  in it ?????

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti:to the :rs:      Lots of good advice from Jim.     Most of these red projects are a labor of love.

• Like 1

WHX??
4 hours ago, JRP said:

I'll just keep watching  for a more complete  blower, and  casually watch for parts for this one......... or sell it for parts.  

Sounds like a good plan.

4 hours ago, JRP said:

having  a blower for this tractor  might be a nice addition, 

They are!

20210124_112411.jpg

• Excellent 1

JRP

The photo of those 2 tractors  with  the blowers and cabs make me very envious!😊.  Are those cabs home built or an after market asd-on?

WHX??

Made for WH by the Original Cab Co. Dealer optional. They still offer them but somewhat pricey. 

https://www.originalcab.com/

• Like 1

JCM

Black roof , Front glass and wiper, excellent  @WHX??  I think they stopped making them for the 3,4 and 500 series. When I bought one for the JD this past winter they did not show anything for those series unfortunately.

Ed Kennell
1 minute ago, JCM said:

I think they stopped making them for the 3,4 and 500 series.

So, these are now priceless?    :rolleyes:

104_2340.JPG.aa2afba8be197ab63c026b7feb591e25.JPG

• Haha 1

JCM

LOL. You hit the nail on the head Ed.

• Like 1