the jeep driver

I need a part # for the Mule & bearings to fit 1985 Wheel Horse 417A

the jeep driver

Well, this happened... 

20230909_142150.jpg.1b8ae2712b51d63a39d6ac67ba0a406a.jpg

I don't what for sure was going on, my daughter was mowing at the time.  My guess is the bearing froze and caused all sorts of damage.  She didn't hear anything with the noise cancelling headphones. I think then I need a Mule, here is a picture of it before it was damaged... 
MULE20220829_122622.jpg.189caf6641ad097db4ce07241351fc5b.jpg.57fd048b92637e30b142bcc73b4b005d.jpg

And the inner pulley, as I don't think the bearing can be replaced, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

1837952578_MuleSet-up.png.8539c316201835c926fd7e2f5fc64b52.png

All I can find is the above, but I can't find the actual part numbers.  I need parts 35 and 31.  
Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

gwest_ca

That is considered part of the mower deck so

https://www.partstree.com/models/05-42ms04-toro-42-side-discharge-mower-deck-for-300-and-400-series-1985/side-discharge-mower-42-in-107-cm-vehicle-identification-number-05-42ms04-7/

A used should be readily available. Post an ad in our wanted section with your approximate location.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

The mule drive is interchangeable with most :wh: garden tractors. Call Lincoln at A to Z Tractor   ,https://www.a-ztractor.com/,   he should be able to send you a good used one. 

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

Complete mule drives are usually available from WH collectors for $30-$60.     If you can't find one locally,  call Lincoln at A-Z Tractor.

Oops, Dick can type faster than I can.           BTW, I just shipped my last spare mule drive tp Va.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

peter lena

@the jeep driver  done all of mine over , do yourself a favor and  RE LUBRICATE  those bearings , usually a lubrication failure , initial bearing whine is telling you that , those wide rubber bearing side shields  , are easily removed , bearing wiped out , carb cleaner flush , Lucas XHD green chassis grease repack , bearings  probably  ,# 6203 ( 3/4 )  2RSC3 . never had any related deck bearings fail with that grease , the lateral strain and drag load is what cooks those bearings , noise is telling you of eminent failure , @953 nut AND @Ed Kennell recommend @A-Z Tractor  for local  unit , would still do over those bearings , ensuring quiet / solid running ease , Pete 

• Like 3

Chaz54

Have you tried eBay? They are on there quite often. See item #276040573218.

• Like 3

the jeep driver
3 hours ago, Chaz54 said:

Have you tried eBay? They are on there quite often. See item #276040573218.

Nope, hadn't looked anywhere, I came here first to make sure I knew what to look for!  That particular auction is about a 3-hour drive one way, too bad he won't ship.  Anyway...

Thanks for all the help!  I'll post in Classified for the part.  Thanks again! 

• Like 3

oliver2-44

@the jeep driver Work the remains of that inner bearing off and repost a picture with a straight edge held against the mule shaft.  You may just need a new inner pulley.  Are the bearings in the outer pulley OK?

the jeep driver
10 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

@the jeep driver Work the remains of that inner bearing off and repost a picture with a straight edge held against the mule shaft.  You may just need a new inner pulley.  Are the bearings in the outer pulley OK?

The outer pulley is good, but the shaft the pulleys ride on is done for.  It looks like it melted in areas... part of the inner bearing was spin welded onto that shaft.  

peter lena

@the jeep driver  really got your money's worth out of that "  bearing  ", personally never let one even approach that point , another glairing issue , is the related drag on other bearings , clutch PTO unit . believe it or not , that entire deck drive , should move by hand , on the belt driven area . most of the drives I  have seen are in terrible shape . my 3 horses  are regularly checked out for anything , giving you the opportunity to correct a failure before it goes to the next stage . still have original ,PTO  clutch faces , just a  service  idea, Pete