Ed Kennell

Maybe Next Year

8ntruck

Hope she can get her back sorted out.  My wife had surgery done in about the same area of her back - got L4, L5, and S1 fused.

Our thoughts are with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 2

Tonytoro416

I sympathize with her for sure.  I am only 35 years old and have my lowest three disc fused. From tailbone up.  It definitely changed my life and the way I look at doing things and especially HOW I do them. I walk and step with purpose these days.  No more leaping from one unstable point to another or risk taking. I realized very quickly after surgery when I basically had to learn to walk again that at my age I have several more years of working before retiring and I need to do my best to make sure I can make it that long with out being crippled. I wish her the best and she will be in my thoughts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

J854D

Great photos @Ed Kennell! Congrats to you & Mrs. K on your 60 years! -JD-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tunahead72

Sorry to hear both pieces of that news, Ed.  I hope your wife mends quickly, and that you both get to Hawaii at some point in your future.

And yeah, those photos are priceless!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

squonk

Best wishes to Mrs. Ed Dog! :handgestures-thumbupright:

I have spinal stenosis and had a lumbar laminectomy 4 years ago on my left side. I couldn't walk or lay flat. slept in a recliner for 3 months. My right side is now acting up a bit in the same lumbar region. :(

I cringe when I see people who insist they are tough and lift all kinds of stuff they shouldn't be. I have a guy at work who could tighten a pipe fitting with a pair of channel locks tighter than a guy with an 18" pipe wrench. He tore his rotator and now I call him the "One Armed Plumber" :rolleyes:

Edited by squonk
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

rmaynard

@Ed KennellCongrats on the 60 years. Many of us have had the same back issues, so we can sympathize. In 2015 I had my fusion, then in 2022, the pain flared up. I took prednisone and within a few days, it was like I had no problems. I hope Mrs. K's problem is something simple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Quite an accomplishment these days! Congratulations Ed and Mrs. K

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Congrats to the Kennells on 60 years!  Next weekend we’ll be celebrating 16 years since we tied the knot and it seems like it’s been forever already (in a good way)!  

• Heart 2

SPINJIM

Congratulations on your 60th.  You're two years ahead of me and mine.   Hope the doctors can do something to help Mrs. K.    My grandmother used to say "Getting old is just for the brave".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rjg854

Congrats on your 60th, that's quite the milestone 👏  And here's to many more :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Handy Don

:text-yeahthat:

One heck of a combination of care, concern, devotion, and loyalty to one another along with some luck. Well done to both of you.

• Thanks 1

lynnmor

OSS is the best, they overhauled 3 of our 4 knees and really changed our lives, I really hope you have the same success.  59 years and counting.

• Thanks 1

Sparky

Congratulations on hitting the 60 year mark….don’t worry, Hawaii will be there for your 61st! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mrc

congratulations!  i hope Mrs. K feels better soon.

• Thanks 1

JimmyJam

Congratulations on 60 years. Hopes for good health and recovery!

• Thanks 1

Ed Kennell
11 hours ago, lynnmor said:

OSS is the best, they overhauled 3 of our 4 knees and really changed our lives, I really hope you have the same success.  59 years and counting.

I was really impressed by the precautions they had in place to prevent infection.      She also had foot surgery in 2000.  Dr. Pandalitas repositioned her left foot about 3/4" to the right.  Reattached it with pins ,plates, screws, and pieces of bone taken from her hip.     That was a much longer recovery time than the back fusion.   Three months in a wheel chair and two months on a knee scooter before she could put weight on the foot.

lynnmor
37 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

I was really impressed by the precautions they had in place to prevent infection.      She also had foot surgery in 2000.  Dr. Pandalitas repositioned her left foot about 3/4" to the right.  Reattached it with pins ,plates, screws, and pieces of bone taken from her hip.     That was a much longer recovery time than the back fusion.   Three months in a wheel chair and two months on a knee scooter before she could put weight on the foot.

My daughter had a shattered ankle some years ago that was plated and had no movement.  Various doctors wouldn't tackle it further but a new, young doctor at OSS said he could fix it and he did.  Not perfect but another life changer.

wallfish

Woo Hoo! 60 years is a huge milestone. Congratulations !!!!!!

• Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Congratulations and prayers for a positive outcome for your wife's health... Beautiful testament to a committed marriage!

• Thanks 1