Dino's Trailet...

WHX??

Knowing @stevasaurusthat may be an option :lol:

• Haha 5

953 nut
13 hours ago, WHX?? said:

IMG950819.jpg

Is that a thing of beauty or what? 

Misspelled the title... 953nuts fat fingers.

:confusion-shrug:             Don't blame me for your shortcomings,   I can make my own mistakes without your help.       :bitch:

:confusion-confused:           Here is a picture of the @stevasaurus trailer I remember, is that the same trailer?

wheelhorse857003.jpg

• Like 2

WHX??

No I think that was this one Richard. 

I first saw him lighting the fire on it thought WT ... then realized the deck was heavy metal. Camp says fires must be elevated.

That is a beast of a heavy trailer. 

The other one he brought to plow day and sold it cheap to Jack.

I think he was afraid it wouldn't make it back home... pretty rough shape but they did a nice job on it. 

20160826_200453.jpg

20160826_200900.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 3

squonk

@stevasaurus  " Heavy Hauling " :lol:

WHCC_2015_pics_012.thumb.JPG.6d5b2d6d7a2

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

stevasaurus

The trailer that Jack bought wasn't that bad, but it did need some love.  Looks like it got a lot of Love...excellent.  I think I would put a good gym floor finish on the wood.  :occasion-xmas:  I still have the other trailer.  That's a keeper!!  I can pull a horse and then the horse can pull the trailer.  Jack's trailer was built to haul 2 snow mobiles...that bed tilts.  :USA:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

stevasaurus

I'm thrilled they fixed it up the way they did.  My Dad is smiling down from above seeing that trailer.  :thanks:

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

WHX??
5 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

think I would put a good gym floor finish on the wood.  :occasion-xmas: 

I tried that once Steve ... sun beat it up bad in short order. Very possible I didn't use the right product. 

PeacemakerJack

This two place snowmobile trailer is perfect for dad. Not only will he use it to move Horses around (plow days, tractor shows, etc) he can also haul stuff home from town.  He has owned a little Ford Explorer Sport Trac for about 15-18 years now. It doesn’t have much of a bed and this will help out his cargo capacity nicely. 

Regarding the bed decking, it doesn’t look like it in the picture but it is treated plywood(CCW).  I suggested that dad let it dry out until next spring, then we coat it with an outdoor deck/fence sealer that has been sprinkled with sand to give the deck some traction when damp. 

Thanks Steve for selling it to me, Dad breathed a whole new life into it with new fasteners, paint, wiring and LED lighting, decking, wheel bearings etc.  He is very thankful for it and I know it will be taken care of for years to come😎🙌🏻👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 2

Handy Don
23 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

a good gym floor finish on the wood. 

There is no finish for horizontal wood decking left outdoors that’ll hold up for more than a few years.

I use Thompson’s wood preservative on the trailer every few seasons at the same time I do the house deck. No fancy prep--just hose it off, let it dry, and apply the sealer.

• Thanks 1

WHX??
17 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

doesn’t look like it in the picture but it is treated plywood(CCW).

Was that the marine grade treated? That's what I might have used but 80 bucks a sheet... ouch. 

PeacemakerJack
23 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Was that the marine grade treated? That's what I might have used but 80 bucks a sheet... ouch. 

I’ll have to check with dad on which one he elected to use…I’m thinking it was regular green treated but…🤔👀

• Like 1

Achto
On 9/3/2023 at 12:43 PM, WHX?? said:

Was that the marine grade treated?

To my knowledge marine grade is not green treated. The green treating does not get along with carpet glue, making it the wrong choice for boats.

Marine grade uses an exterior rated glue and every laminate is grade A with no voids so as to not trap moisture. This is why the high price.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1