953 nut

Stroke recovery update, life is getting better and GOD is good to me.

formariz

Good to hear from you Richard and to know you continue to recover with your usual positive outlook on life. We’ll continue our prayers for your recovery and keep looking forward to hear from you. 

• Heart 7

wallfish

Glad recovery is going well for you!!!!! Nice to have you back

• Heart 5

Pullstart

So glad to see you back here on The Square, Mr. Richard!  Keep pumping that iron and we’ll have to call Arnold to the Big Show for arm wrestling competitions!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

9F045C35-5E9D-4037-9720-A7773A8CCDDE.jpeg

• Haha 5

Achto

Good to hear that your recovery is rolling along. Will continue to pray for your improvement.

• Heart 3

SylvanLakeWH

Glad you are recovering and are back sharing your wisdom and wit... :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Heart 4

WHX??

Good to hear Richard...thanks for keeping us updated! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

Great news , glad you are getting better.  You didn't miss any BBQ this year at the BS. Placed closed we will have to find somewhere else. 

• Heart 1

Ed Kennell
5 hours ago, 953 nut said:

It will be some time before I can get out to the shop and do some Horsing Around                                 but I know that it will happen.

:text-yeahthat:     

With that attitude,   you have allready won the battle Dick.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 3

rjg854

Glad to see you posting Richard  :greetings-clappingyellow:  I trust now that you're home your recovery will even be faster.  God bless you.

• Heart 2

JPWH

Good to hear you are making progress!

• Heart 3

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:

:eusa-clap:

• Heart 3

Ed Kennell

Thanks for the good news Dick.     :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Heart 3

Tractorhead

Great to read about your progress.

Each day little closer back to normal is a fantastic result until now.

But please don‘t forget, there may be day‘s they didn‘t be that successfully, thats normal and a part of Life.

Ups and downs be normally like a hike in the Mountains, we be humans and no Robots,

that is a reason we be not every day in same constitution.

Each little Progress brings you closer to normal.

Sent some Prayers with stenght and passion.

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 3

Wheel-N-It

Awesome news Mr. Schmidt !!!

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

rjg854

Keep up the good work, Richard  :handgestures-thumbupright:  You'll get there, we're praying for you.

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 4

Pullstart

Great news update Mr. Richard!  Thanks Stephan for bugging him for an update too!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Heart 3

oliver2-44

Great to hear from you and your continued progress. Prayers for a full recovery.  Tell you Physical Therapist that some wrench motion exercises would be very motivating.  

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 3

953 nut

Been a couple of weeks since my last update so I figured it was time to fill you in on the progress.

The neuropathy (numbness) on the left side from my shoulder to my hip hasn't gone away and I won't be able to see a neurologist until November. It isn't painful, hasn't interfered with the physical therapy too much and my doctor said it is not too unusual following a stroke.

On 8/13/2023 at 11:30 PM, oliver2-44 said:

Tell you Physical Therapist that some wrench motion exercises would be very motivating. 

They told me that though wrenching isn't usually prescribed for stroke recovery I might want to add it to my  at home exercises.       :handgestures-thumbupright:

I have PT three days a week and each week I am able to walk further with the walker and have begun releasing both hands from the walker while standing. So far I can only do that for about five seconds at a time. I am able to release one hand while standing for two minutes, long enough to place my hand over my heart for the singing of our National Anthem. 

On 8/13/2023 at 2:20 PM, Tractorhead said:

Each little Progress brings you closer to normal.

Sent some Prayers with stenght and passion.

I am so grateful for the prayers and words of encouragement everyone has expressed. Each time I see a bit of progress it makes me that much more determined keep on going back to PT.

Though I can't get out in the shop yet Red Square affords me the opportunity to remain involved with :wh: and that means a lot to me. Big Show is only a few months away, gives me a target to aim for, hope to see all of you there.

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 5

Handy Don
1 minute ago, 953 nut said:

Big Show is only a few months away

Such an optimistic view! Here I was thinking its a whole Fall and Winter and Spring away! Silly me. 😁

• Haha 2

rjg854

Glad to hear of your progress, Richard. You'll get there in time. And until then the :pray::pray: will continue. We missed you at the steakhouse.

• Like 1
  • Heart 2

wallfish
8 hours ago, 953 nut said:

They told me that though wrenching isn't usually prescribed for stroke recovery I might want to add it to my  at home exercises.       :handgestures-thumbupright:

Perfect. Send me your address so I can ship a D250 for a complete overhaul & restoration! :ychain: :lol:

Glad to hear you're hanging in there Dick! Attitude and determination are everything so it's nice to see you have that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
19 hours ago, 953 nut said:

two minutes, long enough to place my hand over my heart for the singing of our National Anthem. 

:USA:

I’ve been in the booth the last couple weeks recording Rylee’s football team for film review days.  Last night, I had the honor to stand on our team’s side for the first time.  Being high in the stands, I was glad to see the veterans in their formation and everyone else paying their respects with their hands over their hearts.  I’m thankful for those who take that with such respect, gratitude and honor.  Thank you Mr. a Richard, for being a veteran, for being strong and confident in your recovery!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3