WHX??

701 SG

WHX??

Regulator... the one that was on it from @Pullstart looked good but check out the pics. Was labeled as a Borg-Warner.

Not nowheres near hi test like a crusty Delco which I had out in the parts shed. 

Problem with the Delco was mounting was hacked. I drilled out the mounting rivets off the Borg. Soldered the ground strap on and put in on the Delco. Borg went in the round file. 

Worked perfect and got it charging at just over 13. 

Trying to get this girl ready to go to show so couldn't wait for one to show from Pat's.

20230723_164639.jpg

20230722_080743.jpg

20230722_080758.jpg

Borg on the right. No adjustments & couldn't get the cutout relay to close. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

All this talk about star washers and grounding, what about chasing both male and female threads with a good tap and die set after paint?

Did the reg swap seem to help Uncle Jim?  If you recall, I couldn’t get that thing to spin over either when it was here… though I admit I don’t have as much starter generator experience.

• Like 1

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

All this talk about star washers and grounding, what about chasing both male and female threads with a good tap and die set after paint?

This gets the juice between the bolt and the nut or body but what gets it to the bolted-on component?

• Like 3

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

This gets the juice between the bolt and the nut or body but what gets it to the bolted-on component?

dually noted :handgestures-thumbupright:  I suppose both is best!

• Like 2