Moonshine*Connoisseur

Night tractor ride

Moonshine*Connoisseur

Curious about the night tractor ride, is that Friday night ?  I'm making sure my horses lights are functioning. I've heard about the night rides but don't know all the details. Can someone shed some light on this for me ? No pun intended, lol. 

• Like 2

Pullstart

I believe the ice cream social is about 8 pm, then immediately after is the cruise night.  Fun to be had, cruising to the oldies!

E0B4E2AB-0BA7-45B3-BFB0-6DD8E386E053.jpeg

571DCAC4-986F-41EC-B947-D5B318637BD1.jpeg

7A405577-9A22-4DA7-A79C-1DD642391F0A.jpeg

763EA916-36EC-4711-A473-28FBADBD2F56.jpeg

7BFD824D-0F9E-4DEE-90E9-95B9EF973B0B.jpeg

AAB91CEF-9CB0-48D2-AB07-C849F4C650C1.jpeg

9D0574EF-7738-4937-B74B-B8E34235EF2A.jpeg

EFD8E29F-DA12-494B-9EAB-87368531425B.jpeg

Edited by Pullstart
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

It's not much really. You don't have to have lights on the tractor. So many horses whizzing around you just follow. 

Did I mention it's a blast?!?!:lol:

• Like 4

wallfish
53 minutes ago, Moonshine*Connoisseur said:

Curious about the night tractor ride, is that Friday night ?  I'm making sure my horses lights are functioning. I've heard about the night rides but don't know all the details. Can someone shed some light on this for me ? No pun intended, lol. 

Yes, Friday night.

After dinner they'll serve free ice cream for the "Ice Cream Social" and everyone gets all sugared up! Then they'll announce the cruising to the oldies ( trust me, you'll hear the music ) and it's race time!  No tractor lights required as the "track" will be adequately lit. Hop on your horse and ride. It goes on for a while too so you can hop in and out or ride the entire time. It should be a little slower this year with a bunch of little RJ-58s as that's the featured tractor this year.

Everything they do there kind of flows fairly fluid and you'll get the hang of it pretty quick.  Lots of friendly welcoming people there and super easy to make new friends so don't sweat the details and have a great time. The first show can be quite a bit to take in and the time passes to quick

See you there!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

Moonshine*Connoisseur

Thanks everyone,  see ya there, I have a rj58 but it's not running/driving yet.  I'll be bringing a Raider 12 for me to drive and a 520H for the Mrs. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

squonk

You have to be alert during the cruise. You got little kids and "old " kids putting along. Then you got the ones who want to see how quick they can get around. Lots of "rubber banding goin on. A tail light is probably more important than head lights. If you have to slow down quick you want the person behind you to see you! The corner by the food bldg. is quite tight with 4 lanes of traffic funneling into it. My canopy is right there and I've seen dozens of near misses there.

Edited by squonk
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2

rmaynard

I don't know when the "cruisin' to the oldies" actually began, but I know it is one of the most popular events at the show. I have been going every year since 2010 and I wonder each time why there has never been a serious accident. :auto-swerve:

• Like 2

wallfish
1 hour ago, Moonshine*Connoisseur said:

Thanks everyone,  see ya there, I have a rj58 but it's not running/driving yet.  I'll be bringing a Raider 12 for me to drive and a 520H for the Mrs. 

Bring it if want to get'r up and running. Look for the checker tent in front of the first barn or the WH motorcycle.

RJ's are fairly simple tractors and there should be everything available from the vendors to get it up and going if you're willing to buy the parts. We'll have some tools, hardware etc and we're always out there wrenching on something so why not an RJ.

I might even bring the lift this year instead of laying on the ground. It's getting more difficult to get up! LoL

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Wild Bill in VA
4 hours ago, rmaynard said:

I don't know when the "cruisin' to the oldies" actually began, but I know it is one of the most popular events at the show. I have been going every year since 2010 and I wonder each time why there has never been a serious accident. :auto-swerve:

Bob, years ago I noticed the folks from the Midwest were still up and not ready for bed yet (or maybe it was too much excitement) Sooooooo we have the lights, the roadway and the sound system why not have a "Cruise Night" ??? I gave a guy a list of oldies music and he put the songs on a bunch of CDs, I have one and the rest were given away as raffle prizes that year. This was at the 7th Annual Wheel Horse Show back in 2005. It is a cruise night not a race night, we try to keep it slow and we have more fun that way.

Wild Bill in Richmond VA

KIMG2383.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 6

stevebo

This one is ready to go! Has light bar on front no taillights. Most people will only see his taillights anyhow (if he had them) lol

• Excellent 1

Moonshine*Connoisseur
7 hours ago, wallfish said:

Bring it if want to get'r up and running. Look for the checker tent in front of the first barn or the WH motorcycle.

RJ's are fairly simple tractors and there should be everything available from the vendors to get it up and going if you're willing to buy the parts. We'll have some tools, hardware etc and we're always out there wrenching on something so why not an RJ.

I might even bring the lift this year instead of laying on the ground. It's getting more difficult to get up! LoL

7 hours ago, wallfish said:

Well thanks to the wife for putting a fire under my rear today. I dug the Ole Rj58 out of the shed today. After 4 hours of going through it, transmission was locked up, installed an engine, Tractor supply was kind enough to let me roll it into their store and shop for pullies and a belt to fit to save on wasted trips back and forth, gear oil and a tire tube. The kids and even adults faces lit up when they saw the rusty (patina) lil tractor. A couple nice conversations were had about Wheel Horses. It's a functional driving unit ready for the adventure this weekend. What a sweetheart I must say. Giving my 701 competition on who is my favorite now. All it needs is a right hand foot rest which will give me an excuse to look for and buy at the big show. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

wallfish
3 minutes ago, Moonshine*Connoisseur said:

Well thanks to the wife for putting a fire under my rear today. I dug the Ole Rj58 out of the shed today. After 4 hours of going through it, transmission was locked up, installed an engine, Tractor supply was kind enough to let me roll it into their store and shop for pullies and a belt to fit to save on wasted trips back and forth, gear oil and a tire tube. The kids and even adults faces lit up when they saw the rusty (patina) lil tractor. A couple nice conversations were had about Wheel Horses. It's a functional driving unit ready for the adventure this weekend. What a sweetheart I must say. Giving my 701 competition on who is my favorite now. All it needs is a right hand foot rest which will give me an excuse to look for and buy at the big show. 

Always a good day when an old tractor gets to breath again! Stop by the tent anyway so we can see you and your RJ.

• Excellent 4

Moonshine*Connoisseur

Will definitely do ! 

stevebo

Sounds great! See you at the show

• Excellent 1

TJ5208

You guys should start all the tractors at the same time and take a vid.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

rmaynard

We did that one year to record the decibel level to see of we could set some record. @Wild Bill in VA would have the details. I think the neighbors may have lodged a complaint.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

squonk
9 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

We did that one year to record the decibel level to see of we could set some record. @Wild Bill in VA would have the details. I think the neighbors may have lodged a complaint.

I was in the process of buying a tractor during that. It made negotiations difficult.

• Haha 6

stevebo

If we want loud I will bring the puller! 

IMG_3409.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
12 hours ago, squonk said:

My canopy is right there and I've seen dozens of near misses there.

How many times have I told you... no more bullseyes on it! 

Moonshine*Connoisseur

Is it cheating if I remove the muffler ? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

Pullstart
11 hours ago, Moonshine*Connoisseur said:

Is it cheating if I remove the muffler ? 🤣🤣🤣

it’s only cheating if you get caught!

• Haha 3

Moonshine*Connoisseur

Here she is, ready to party this weekend. 

20230620_201200.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Moonshine*Connoisseur

20230621_182923.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Moonshine*Connoisseur

20230621_182946.jpg

• Like 3

Moonshine*Connoisseur

Loading up the trailer in a few minutes. I'm so ready for the Big Show !  I know I'm not the only one 🙂

• Like 3