cafoose

Good investment

cafoose

My computer has been running rather slow lately. I have a Dell 2330 all in one that's several years old with Windows 10 and 8 GB RAM. I just got a Samsung 2 TB 870 EVO SSD. I used the Samsung Magician cloning tool I downloaded free with a nine dollar USB to SATA adapter cable from amazon. It took about 20 hours for it to clone my old mechanical hard drive. :techie-hourglass: After installing the SSD, the computer booted up like lightning :scared-shocked:and all my programs, apps, and the internet just jumped right in there :happy-bouncymulticolor: I highly recommend it. They also last much longer and no more noises from the CPU :music-rockout:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

8ntruck

We did a similar thing with an old HP laptop.  The drive was getting noisy and boot up was slow.  Not being very computer savy, I took it in to our local computer shop.  Had them replace the hard drive with a ssd, and put larger memory chips in all of the memory slots.  

Like you said - it runs a whole lot better now.

• Excellent 1

cafoose
10 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

We did a similar thing with an old HP laptop.  The drive was getting noisy and boot up was slow.  Not being very computer savy, I took it in to our local computer shop.  Had them replace the hard drive with a ssd, and put larger memory chips in all of the memory slots.  

Like you said - it runs a whole lot better now.

It's really not that difficult. Everything is plug and play with common tools as far as putting the parts in. Plenty of tutorials on the internet for both hardware and software instructions. I just saw that RAM is cheap and I only have 8 GB. Amazon has 16 GB for less than $20 so I just ordered more. My memory usage is a little up there so that may help it run even better :handgestures-thumbupright:

20230527_163111.jpg

Edited by cafoose
  • Like 1