Charlie Drannbauer

314 Hydro transmission issue

Charlie Drannbauer

314-H.jpg.2c39e959f0dd9ed253ff3c0e96728824.jpgI've got a 314 Hydro that goes forward seemingly fine, but reverse is very sluggish. The guy I bought it from indicated that there is a "slide valve" that probably has worn or defective "O" rings allowing 
leakage" when shifting into reverse. Is there bar kit that contains the necessary parts to repair this issue? Also whatever instructions that may be available. All the other Horses I've had were 8 speed models, so this Hydro is new to me, any help would be appreciated.  Thanks, Charlie

Edited by Charlie Drannbauer
Add Picture

gwest_ca

• Like 1

Handy Don
On 5/20/2023 at 10:35 AM, Charlie Drannbauer said:

I've got a 314 Hydro that goes forward seemingly fine, but reverse is very sluggish. The guy I bought it from indicated that there is a "slide valve" that probably has worn or defective "O" rings allowing 
leakage" when shifting into reverse. Is there bar kit that contains the necessary parts to repair this issue? Also whatever instructions that may be available. All the other Horses I've had were 8 speed models, so this Hydro is new to me, any help would be appreciated.  Thanks, Charlie

By far the most common cause of this problem is that the linkage between the motion control handle and the motion lever on the hydrostatic transmission is out of adjustment.

The steps to resolve are pretty straightforward, normally do not require any parts, and are well covered in the manuals @gwest_ca posted for you.

If you discover something broken or have other questions, c’mon back!

BTW, the Eaton 1100 is a rugged, strong, and reliable hydro. Follow the schedule for oil and filter changes, tend to the adjustments now and then, and it’ll just keep on working.