EMS937

Model 418-8 muffler?

EMS937

I recently acquired a nice 418-a that was my grandfather’s. It sat in a field for about 20 years, I got it up and running, new drive belt, fuel lines ect. The one thing I can’t seem to find is a new muffler since the one on it is rusted out. Anybody know where to get a new one? Thank you in advance!

• Like 3

953 nut

:WRS:

I always love to hear about a family owned Wheel Horse being shown some love.  

New mufflers from Toro are very expensive but you may be able to find a good used one from Lincoln at A-Z Tractor parts  https://www.a-ztractor.com/  or see what may be out there by placing a Wanted ad in our Classified section. https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/classifieds/wanted/.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Achto

:WRS:

• Like 2

EMS937

Thanks for the advice and welcomes! I emailed the guy at a-z tractor and if I hear nothing or that he doesn’t have one I’ll post in the classifieds.

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Some like to change to a vertical stack farm tractor looking Mufler.  Member jimmy Kemp makes some nice ones. @ebinmaine why type of muffler do you use for a stack. 

• Like 2

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Some like to change to a vertical stack farm tractor looking Mufler.  Member jimmy Kemp makes some nice ones. @ebinmaine why type of muffler do you use for a stack. 

I have had three different types on tractors here.

Jim's stacks as mentioned above, and I've used Gravely mufflers and Cub mufflers, turned to face up.

Edited by ebinmaine
Correct auto correct
  • Like 1

EMS937
6 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I have had three different types on tractors here.

Jim's stacks as mentioned above, and I've used Gravely mufflers and Cub mufflers, turned to face up.

Are the gravely and cub mufflers just drop in fit, or did you need to do some modification to it?

ebinmaine
17 hours ago, EMS937 said:

Thanks for the advice and welcomes! I emailed the guy at a-z tractor and if I hear nothing or that he doesn’t have one I’ll post in the classifieds.

Lincoln is a good guy and I do recommend folks to purchase from A to Z Tractor.  

He's VERY busy a lot of the time and I always tell people to CALL LINCOLN. 

2 hours ago, EMS937 said:

Are the gravely and cub mufflers just drop in fit, or did you need to do some modification to it?

Assuming your tractor still has the original twin engine, you'll likely need to do a little fabrication but it shouldn't get too involved. I'm not familiar with how those 418s are set up so I can't answer to specifics.

EMS937

Ok so update, my uncle made one by rolling some steel and using the internals of the old muffler, I’m still grateful for all the suggestions. Later on I will post picks when I’m done with it.

• Like 2

EMS937

I realized I never uploaded pics, hard to see but to lazy to remove the silver guard lol

IMG_4906.jpeg

IMG_4905.jpeg

IMG_4904.jpeg

• Like 1