tmix61

D200 rear end

tmix61

As some of you know I had a crack in my rear end because of a broken bolt got it apart on the broken part replaced them with grade 8 bolts and one bearing was bad needle bearing replace that put it back together it worked like a dream or about an hour and a half all the sudden reverse did not work anymore brought it in the garage figure I would change the filter on the rear end to see maybe if dirt or don't know the last time it was replaced change that added another half a quart and I have good hydraulic slip in the plow blade. And forward gear is very strong but it will not move backwards. Don't understand what happened any help would be great kind of scratching my head what had happened like I say the pump seems to be pumping good I have a strong forward gear and the blade goes up and down but no reverse

IMG_20230219_134731934.jpg

IMG_20230220_181505679.jpg

• Like 1

953 nut

Sounds like there may be something blocking the fluid flow through the reverse acceleration valve. Pull it out and do a creful cleaning and inspection.

• Like 3

tmix61
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

Sounds like there may be something blocking the fluid flow through the reverse acceleration valve. Pull it out and do a creful cleaning and inspection.

Where do I find this acceleration valve and will I lose fluid when I take it out?

Blasterdad

Check the linkage....?

• Like 1

tmix61
4 minutes ago, Blasterdad said:

Check the linkage....?

Linkage is good

• Like 1

daveoman1966

The FWD / REV acceleration valves are on the Hyd MOTOR section...one on front..one on back.  Pull the left wheel and you'll see them.  The valve PLUG is shown here...the BIG Hex plug is on top... but this is a side view of the hyd motor.       

D19.jpg

• Like 2

gt14rider

Screenshot_20220815-181447_Gallery.jpg

• Confused 1

tmix61
12 minutes ago, gt14rider said:

Screenshot_20220815-181447_Gallery.jpg

I'm confused is that off the back of the motor and not off the rear end

gt14rider

This is hydro motor 90-1136, yours should be a 90-1173 with brake drum

Screenshot_20230225-082306_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230225-082622_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220906-070357_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

pacer

Another thing to add to all this and hasnt been mentioned ---- If you should remove the motor, it will re-mount in either position (up/down), pay close attention to the way it is mounted - make a mark indicating up. If reversed the tractors motion handle will be reversed and fwd will be rev and rev will be fwd. I found this out the HARD way!!:o

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tmix61
53 minutes ago, gt14rider said:

This is hydro motor 90-1136, yours should be a 90-1173 with brake drum

Screenshot_20230225-082306_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230225-082622_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220906-070357_Chrome.jpg

Mine does not look like this my brake drum is attached to the rear end. Really lost at this moment

pacer

All D's dont have brake drums, I have 3 of them and none have the external brake drum. I think some of these pics are from "C" models.

Just use the methods show/described here for your motor, that part will be covered by whats been posted. There are several variations of installs, but this adjustment is the same.

• Thanks 1

tmix61
1 hour ago, pacer said:

All D's dont have brake drums, I have 3 of them and none have the external brake drum. I think some of these pics are from "C" models.

Just use the methods show/described here for your motor, that part will be covered by whats been posted. There are several variations of installs, but this adjustment is the same.

Let me get this straight it is not attached to the rearend I have to look forward more for this part am I correct

16773380239854909270545364232993.jpg

Edited by tmix61
Added more language

gt14rider

I don't have any D's. But motor should be similar, sorry for the confusion. 

The last pic is a hydro gear. Yours should be a piston to piston. I'll let someone else with D series experience chime in. 

• Thanks 1

pacer

While I have several D's I have never had a problem/reason to go into that area..... but as @gt14rider noted the motors are very similar, and more than likely if you pull that plug and -- carefully - keep track how the 'guts' that come out, you will probably spot something broken, maybe a spring??

• Thanks 1

tmix61

The problem is I don't know which plug to take out in the picture I posted I sure need some help if that's the motor pump that I have. Still very confused

daveoman1966

These pics from my rebuild of a 'D' series may help.  The 'D' series has the hyd PUMP mounted and liked to the Engine.  The hyd MOTOR is bolted to the left side of the transaxle.  There is a 4-line steel MANIFOLD connecting the Pump to the MOTOR to facilitate fluid flow (180).  These pics are the MOTOR... It is CRITICAL that the motor housing (cap) be mounted as in pic # 1(157). NOTE the position of the acceleration fwd/rev valves...be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN to reinstall EXACTLY in same position as when removed (1-12).  Use a MAGNETIC pick-up tool to remove the valve (1-7).  Once you have the valves in hand, use compressed air to clear any debris from internals (1-16).   Finally.. be sure to completely flush away any dirt/debris BEFORE reassembly.   

1 (157).JPG

1 (291).JPG

180 hydro.jpg

1 (24).JPG

1 (12).JPG

1 (16).JPG

1 (7).JPG

1 (9).JPG

• Excellent 3

tmix61

The hydro motor is on the side of the rear end? In this picture it's right behind the break?

IMG_20221231_135806554.jpg

gt14rider

The valves should be  behind were arrows are. 

Screenshot_20230225-192640_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230225-193800_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

tmix61

That's a load off my mind I was afraid it was up by the pump I've had the rearend out twice already once because I broke the rear end in the second time it was leaking where we didn't take it apart so I will take the rear end out do I need to just take out the reverse valve or should I take both valves out clean them and what do I clean the internal with to flush it out? Thank you so much for all of your help

daveoman1966
10 minutes ago, tmix61 said:

That's a load off my mind I was afraid it was up by the pump I've had the rearend out twice already once because I broke the rear end in the second time it was leaking where we didn't take it apart so I will take the rear end out do I need to just take out the reverse valve or should I take both valves out clean them and what do I clean the internal with to flush it out? Thank you so much for all of your help

That's why I wrote this in the comment preceding the 5 or 6 pics posted.  "The 'D' series has the hyd PUMP mounted and linked to the Engine.  The hyd MOTOR is bolted to the left side of the transaxle.  There is a 4-line steel MANIFOLD connecting the Pump to the MOTOR to facilitate fluid flow 

• Excellent 1

tmix61

Yes this will be the third time taking the transaxle out and taking the the weights off the back end and taking the plow off and the carriage for the plow but it is well worth it I sure love my D. I sure appreciate all the help!!!

IMG_20230220_181505679.jpg

• Like 1

daveoman1966

While you have the hyd MOTOR off of the trans, you really otter inspect the internals for wear.  There are 9 SOFT piston slippers and a SOFT brass faced Valve Plate that scar VERY easily...which lead to hyd fluid pressure loss, then power loss too.  Think about it...your tractor is 50+ years old and we all suffer from wear and tear after a few decades.   

You'll find on Red Square a .pdf file with pics and instructions for overhauling the Hyd Pump and Motor.    

1 (26)a.jpg

1 (30).JPG

1 (33).JPG

1 (36).JPG

1 (40).JPG

1 (42).JPG

1 (43).JPG

1 (44).JPG

tmix61

Would I be able to buy retaining spring clip if it breaks what about the hydraulic motor valve plate do I just sand that down to take the scoring off it and the hydraulic motor cylinder block same thing or can I still buy replacement parts. Hydraulic motor slippers how do I check them? While I'm getting pretty deep into this.

Edited by tmix61
Added more language

daveoman1966

The rebuild of the hyd MOTOR is in this .pdf file.  A perusal of it will answer your questions.  

Resurface the brass components on a surface place using progressively fine sandpaper... 280-400-1000 grit...with a drop or two of oil on the paper.  Remove ONLY as much material as needed to remove scratches....some pit marks or gouges may remain if really bad.  Do the same with the STEEL base of the Cylinder Block.  THOROUGHLY RINSE all in kerosene before reassembly.

Wheelhorse parts N more may have a replacement spring clip...not sure.   

SUNDSTRAND Piston-Piston PUMP & MOTOR Refurb.pdf