bitten

C195 Help

bitten

Hello Everyone

I have a C195 that has a blown motor on it. I have a 18HP Wheel Horse motor to put on it. I can push the tractor really easily like there is no restriction to it. Is this normal or do I have a problem with the tranny also? Any help would be appreciated. 

• Like 1

buckrancher

hard to say the eaton 1100 in your C195 will free roll up to 2mph

• Like 1

bitten

Thanks buckrancher  

I just hate to put an engine on it and the rear end be bad.

• Like 1

oliver2-44

You might use an @Ed Kennell trick. Put the rear of the C195 on Jack stands. Park another WH behind it. Run a belt from the 2nd tractors PTO to the transaxle input pulley of the C195 and twist that belt into a figure 8 so it turns the correct direction.  

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

bitten

oliver2-44 that is a great idea or should I say Ed Kennell. I will give that a try in the morning. Thanks

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
18 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

You might use an @Ed Kennell trick. Put the rear of the C195 on Jack stands. Park another WH behind it. Run a belt from the 2nd tractors PTO to the transaxle input pulley of the C195 and twist that belt into a figure 8 so it turns the correct direction.  

Close Jim.  Before investing time and dollars in a roller  I test all the hydros by strapping the front of the  tractor tight to a tree and make sure they will spin the tires hard dirt in forward and reverse.

If tractor does not run, I park a tractor behind as you state and power the transmission with a long belt off the PTO.

Oh and no need to twist the belt the pulleys are all always turning in the correct direction no matter if the engine is in the front or rear of the transmission...CCW looking at the pulleys.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Handy Don
12 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Oh and no need to twist the belt the pulleys are all always turning in the correct direction no matter if the engine is in the front or rear of the transmission...CCW looking at the pulleys.

Just to reinforce the point!

• Thanks 1

bitten

Well, I tried the EdKennell trick and it worked. I didnt let it warm up and only spun the tire against the tire of the power tractor, but it worked. So did the HYD lift.

Now Im trying to get the pulley off of the old motor to put on the replacement motor. I have the PTO off and the bolt that holds the pulley on off, but dont see a way to pull it off of there. Im sure I dont want to break it so I will see if any of you guys have any ideas.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Yeah, if you don't have a tree, a trailer hitch works.     Here's a pic of a 417-A powering an Eaton 5 hydro.    It spun the tires on the blacktop with me standing on the tool tray.

102_1462.JPG.b7bdc296b08b133611a69c470c05fa27.JPG

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 2

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

It spun the tires on the blacktop with me standing on the tool tray.

Exciting stuff!

Ed Kennell

After confirming the Eaton 5 was a good hydro,  I used it to make the side by side.

104_0534.JPG.33552c67f4e82dc48ff3ac150d47f2d0.JPG104_0706.JPG.bfc5a7829e192da05363c1da8ed3f083.JPG

104_0883.JPG.00f6df3c07e77fa7c09067a60916b14d.JPG

• Excellent 2

bitten

That is cool.

• Like 1