Docwheelhorse

Pulled outta the weeds... FOR THIRD TIME!

ineedanother

He!!, I would've drug it out for a deck in that condition, and it runs! :confusion-shrug:

Retired Wrencher

Tony that a great looking worker. Would be proud to own that.

• Like 1

Docwheelhorse
8 hours ago, ineedanother said:

He!!, I would've drug it out for a deck in that condition, and it runs! :confusion-shrug:

The deck looks like it was on Omaha Beach during D Day. It looks great from 1 billion feet (internet pics lol) but the shell is NFG

• Haha 3

Lagersolut

My cousin dumped one on me a few years ago he pulled out of the weeds - same thing - cleaned the carb - points - new plug etc etc ran a new fuel lint into a fresh can purred like a kitten .... guy told him if he got it out of the field he could have it for free... didn't remember what was wrong,  left it there 20 years ago so I had to figure it out ......turned out he trashed the 8 speed - new belts -idlers -some welding - paint -wheeling and dealing for needed trans parts here and a bearing kit from the vendor it's mowing grass again -first my cousin  said I could have it - after it was fixed and  saw it mow he wanted it back>  how much for the repairs :text-bump::icecream:

• Haha 3

D_Mac

mmmmmm big block short frame my favorites. Been known to pay to pull some out of the weeds myself. This one took a little more then starting fluid to get running again but it is running and driving again and now garage kept. Spent 30 yrs left in the woods. Named it " Forsaken " and is now one of my favorites.

IMG_5166(1).jpg

20221103_151444.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
  • Like 3

mrc

love the early style of pto tensioner!

• Like 1

Docwheelhorse
49 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

mmmmmm big block short frame my favorites. Been known to pay to pull some out of the weeds myself. This one took a little more then starting fluid to get running again but it is running and driving again and now garage kept. Spent 30 yrs left in the woods. Named it " Forsaken " and is now one of my favorites.

IMG_5166(1).jpg

20221103_151444.jpg

1257 is a Big Block Long Frame ... --I think-- maybe I'm wrong? Hmmmm

• Like 1

D_Mac

You are right... I am wrong. I had an 857. That's a short frame tractor. I thought the 1257 was on same frame but I'm wrong. You know what they say when you assume something.

• Haha 1

Retired Wrencher
17 hours ago, D_Mac said:

IMG_5166(1).jpg

20221103_151444.jpg

14 hours ago, D_Mac said:

You are right... I am wrong. I had an 857. That's a short frame tractor. I thought the 1257 was on same frame but I'm wrong. You know what they say when you assume something.

D_Mac try that with some new or 10 years old today. 

• Like 1

WHGuy413

Love it. What a great save getting it outta the weeds.

• Like 1