JCM

JD with Original Tractor Cab

JCM

This is the first year since 1989 that I have not had a WheelHorse tractor not outfitted for Winter duty. I may have jinxed myself and other North East members with all these extremely heavy wet snowfalls we have been having around these parts. Back in 2000 I found a slightly used OTC for the 520-H that I have enjoyed since then. There comes a time when you just need more weight and power to deal with these types of storms. Back in 2018 I found this tractor and got a quote for a Curtis cab fully loaded with options. With recent price hikes I was not prepared to pay at least $ 2000 more for the same exactly equipped cab. Turn the page back to the 520- H with OTC cab and found that there was a new cab for the older model JD 3320 open station available. Having been completely satisfied with their product I decided to order one up with a few options,LED work lights and inside rear view mirror. The glass windshield and wiper are included in the package for this JD model. A few things to do wiring wise but overall I have been battling these recent storms in complete comfort. I really can't say enough about this unit and if anyone is considering a somewhat affordable comfortable cab for ANY brand of tractor this Company is Great to deal with located in Indiana. The best part is they are made in the USA.

IMG_1103_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_1105 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1109_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_1110 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1113 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1115 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1114 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1112 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1111 - Copy.JPG

Edited by JCM
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Excellent.  

Looks like that cab offers good visibility. 

Support frame all good?

• Like 2

JCM

Just added a few more pics @ebinmaine. Visibility is always a concern. Support frame bolts to the ROPS which makes a huge difference. Also ZERO holes to drill. Uses all existing holes. The front vinyl curtain goes between the bottom of the windshield and you open the hood and the vinyl is sandwiched in between the cowl and back of the hood so there is no rubbing or chaffing of the hood paint  :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, JCM said:

Just added a few more pics @ebinmaine. Visibility is always a concern. Support frame bolts to the ROPS which makes a huge difference. Also ZERO holes to drill. Uses all existing holes. The front vinyl curtain goes between the bottom of the windshield and you open the hood and the vinyl is sandwiched in between the cowl and back of the hood so there is no rubbing or chaffing of the hood paint  :thumbs:

Sounds like a very well designed piece!! 

• Like 3

JCM

Some interior pictures of the JD with the Original Cab Co soft cab with hard top. After the first Winter with it I am 100% pleased with it. Nice to be out of the wind, snow and water dropping on top of me while plowing. I would have preferred the green top but those are only offered on the smaller series JD tractors. The black vinyl is nice as is the top in Winter for the added heat that comes from it. This past week doing cleanup and trail work I popped off both doors for a nice cross breeze. Also added the Therma- Seat heated seat for more comfort.

JD23C.JPG

JD23D.JPG

JD23E.JPG

JD23K.JPG

JD23G.JPG

Edited by JCM
  • Like 3

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, JCM said:

Therma- Rest heated seat

Where might one find those ? 

• Like 1

JCM

Don't remember where I bought that years ago. Maybe Kittery Trading Post, Wal- Mart or Cabelas ?  Works AWESOME, highly recommend  :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sparky
1 hour ago, JCM said:

Works AWESOME, highly recommend  :thumbs:

Just plugs into a power outlet? 

• Like 2

JCM

No power. just sit on it and it keeps the rear toasty.   @Sparky

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JCM

Correction on the heated seat for the JD. Company is Therm -a- Seat in Peterborough, NH. Must have been thinking of one of the beds in the house, Therma - Rest  :ROTF: That's what happens when you get old. Get ready, It's coming for ya. Originally bought it for the tree stand. Good thing it heats up when you sit on it. don't think an extension cord would have made it to the tree stand.

• Haha 2

c-series don

@ebinmaineSounds like/looks like @JCM is going to be looking for a two-stage three point hitch blower soon !!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2