D_Mac

Sears Suburban 12

D_Mac

So I have a chance to pick up this tractor. Only information I got is that it was parked in the barn , covered and been there for 25 years. Family owned since new. It's an early 70's Sears Suburban.  Guessing on the year. Paint is blue and white not the orange. It is the tractor, mowing deck , and a snowblower. Who has ever had one or has one ? Anyone wanna talk me in or out of getting it ? @squonk... I already know what you are going to say !

WHX??

:text-worthless:

D_Mac

If I had one I would share one. Let's say it is NOT a cream puff but we'll worth fixing.

Edited by D_Mac

Darb1964

Made by Roper with a Wisconsin motor? They were a solid tractor.

Pullstart

I had a Sears Suburban 10 with a big block Tecky in it. I dragged it home literally behind my truck for the wheel weights.  It would have been a fun project, but I decided to post it for sale until I found someone with enough interest, then gave it to him.

• Like 2

wallfish
4 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

but I decided to post it for sale until I found someone with enough interest, then gave it to him.

:handgestures-thumbup: I have completely stopped advertising ANY free stuff because 90% of the people responding only want to waste your time. Adding an amount to the ad weeds out most of those people ( not all ) for the one's more interested. Then when they actually show do up without ANY BS going on, I'm more than happy to just give it away to them free of charge. Win Win. Any waste of time BS people, they can pay for it if they do eventually show up.

Had an SS 12 a while back. They're rugged well built machines and certainly worth saving and using.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Skwerl58

They are really good tractors. I had a 1971 Custom 10 that is now my sons and he used it until 7-8 years ago. During the late 60's my neighbor had a blue one that he used for gardening, mowing and he also had a pump that pumped his basement out after flooding. His son still has it. Service the equipment and it will last. There are many parts available but some are pricey.

Stormin

I've a '78 Sears GT16 with B&S twin. Really well built tractor. Unfortunately the 3 point lift arms and actuator are missing.

Pullstart
7 hours ago, wallfish said:

:handgestures-thumbup: I have completely stopped advertising ANY free stuff because 90% of the people responding only want to waste your time. Adding an amount to the ad weeds out most of those people ( not all ) for the one's more interested. Then when they actually show do up without ANY BS going on, I'm more than happy to just give it away to them free of charge. Win Win. Any waste of time BS people, they can pay for it if they do eventually show up.

Had an SS 12 a while back. They're rugged well built machines and certainly worth saving and using.

Yup.  I was more or less trying to prevent someone from grabbing it for scrap!

D_Mac

Well I wound up passing on it but my friend decided he wanted it. We dove out there this morning and picked it up. Like I said before, been in the family since new. Hasn't run in 25 yrs. Stored inside. Nice project. I don't believe it's going to need much to get it running again. 

20230108_144114.jpg

20230108_144130.jpg

00y0y_dAiEqSJyqrlz_0CI0i5_1200x900.jpg

• Like 3

rjg854

Doesn't look too bad at all.

• Like 1

D_Mac

It's pretty good. It was repainted and who ever did it didn't bother masking anything off. Blue color dosnt match either but it is solid. Sure is full of mice nests and chewed wires but my buddy was happy to get it. Its his first tractor and I told him to practice on that one and then buy a Wheel Horse !!! I do like the look of it and it is a good sized machine. He plans on just taking care of the mechanics and just cleaning up the paint. Repaint the wheels and deck.

• Like 1

Handy Don

The square hood, round rear fenders, and spring seat with a tool box remind me of a WH 1045!

• Excellent 1