Tonytoro416

1968 or 1969 short wheelbase

Achto

I'm in. :popcorn:

• Like 2

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:          That will be a true labor of love. Honoring the memory of both of your grandfathers is a tribute to strong family ties that seem to be eroding these days.     :text-thankyouyellow:     Your father must have gotten a bunch of seat time on that :wh:, bet he will enjoy the restoration.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Tonytoro416

Thank you guys.  You have no idea how much that means to me.  Yes I am lucky enough to have a couple tractors of my grandfathers. My dad did a lot of mowing with that tractor. They mowed about 3 acres.  Then once his future father in law got it he always made dad ride behind that big Wisconsin lol 

• Like 2
  • Heart 3

WHX??

Yep...:popcorn:

Have you got a Kohler for it Tony? 

If not I have a K241 I would trade for that 'consin...

Edited by WHX??

Lee1977

I have a complete list of Wheel Horses I printed out. It only list one Raider 9 1968  model 1-6931. Are you sure it's a short frame?  Would a 42" deck even fit under a short frame?

Tonytoro416
34 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Yep...:popcorn:

Have you got a Kohler for it Tony? 

If not I have a K241 I would trade for that 'consin...

I have a few Kohlers around. 10hp and a 12hp 

my dad is wanting to put a Tecumseh back on it like it once was 

34 minutes ago, WHX?? said:
  • Like 2

oliver2-44
3 hours ago, Achto said:

I'm in. :popcorn:

:text-yeahthat:Have you though about raising the hood and keeping the Wisconsin part of its history!

Tonytoro416
4 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

I have a complete list of Wheel Horses I printed out. It only list one Raider 9 1968  model 1-6931. Are you sure it's a short frame?  Would a 42" deck even fit under a short frame?

It’s for sure a short frame.  It was tough sourcing the correct hood.  I have a 1077 that has the same hood as I sourced for this tractor. Just the 1077 hood is about 3 inches longer

Edited by Tonytoro416

Tonytoro416
1 minute ago, oliver2-44 said:

:text-yeahthat:Have you though about raising the hood and keeping the Wisconsin part of its history!

Plan on putting the Wisconsin on the bench and getting it running again.  It will live with me for a good while yet.   Does anyone know anything about that Wisconsin? Hp and that 

Tonytoro416
4 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

What other options does your list have as what it could be?  Six speed and Tecumseh 10hp

Lee1977
22 minutes ago, Tonytoro416 said:

What other options does your list have as what it could be?  Six speed and Tecumseh 10hp

The 1-6931  1968 Raider 9 had a Tecumseh HH10 115095B and 6 speed.

There is a Raider 12 model 1-6231  1968 with a Kohler with the 6 speed.

There could be mistakes in the list, as I don't know where it came from.

Edited by Lee1977

oliver2-44
3 minutes ago, Tonytoro416 said:

Plan on putting the Wisconsin on the bench and getting it running again.  It will live with me for a good while yet.   Does anyone know anything about that Wisconsin? Hp and that 

Looks like the data plate is missing from the shroud. You would have to open it up and measure the bore and stroke to help figure out what engine it is. I have a similar looking Wisconsin on the floor in the shop right now.  I was a sucker for a $20 engine and I love the challenge of learning new engines and trying to breath life back into them) I've gathered a lot of information about them over on the Smokstak forum. Parts are fairly readily available, but can be expensive ($68 for a carb kit).  Post a picture of the carb and any name (probable Zenith) and numbers. Also if the carb is cast steel or cast aluminum.

• Excellent 1

Pullstart
11 minutes ago, Tonytoro416 said:

It could be an AEN, AEH, etc.  looks like the AEN on the Senior, and on my Lever Steer.  The difference, is in the years and HP ratings.  8.3 is base power though, up to about 10.  GOBS of torque are available with that long stroke :handgestures-thumbupright:

121B364B-9CDF-438C-84EF-35DB11A1A97E.jpeg

DEFC8B68-DBA4-433D-9E8B-D98E75A942B6.jpeg

6F466F12-BA7E-49D5-B42D-3BDB4AE7378D.jpeg

• Like 2

Pullstart
4 hours ago, Tonytoro416 said:

Regardless I have sourced parts to be able to put it back mostly to the way I believe it should be. So this is the next big project as you can tell it needs alot but for the most part is all there from what I can tell aside from the previous mentioned parts.  Parts I have for it aren’t CORRECT in certain terms but are era correct

If you are in need of anything down the road, don’t hesitate to ask.  I have quite a bit of stuff, along with many other forum members.  I camp in Winchester ever October for the 400…

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Tonytoro416

Okay yea I wasn’t able to find much info on the engine itself but I can look closer at it this evening.   Thanks 

• Like 1

Pullstart

Also, Steiner a tractor parts is a great source for Wisconsin stuff, like magneto parts.

• Like 2

WHX??

Did you say you have a hood? if not I may have a short one for that era. 

• Like 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

If you are in need of anything down the road, don’t hesitate to ask.  I have quite a bit of stuff, along with many other forum members.  I camp in Winchester ever October for the 400…

This tractor was a Raider 10 (Kohler) that has been dismantled for other uses.  I have all the sheet metal and some other items not needed by me if you have any needs.  It’s been ground on in areas and painted maroon but it’s there.  The engine and transmission are not available.

BE1BAF6C-B533-475F-9520-372E3AF9BCBE.jpeg

Tonytoro416

Yes I have a hood I believe.  It looks identical to my 67 1077 hood just shorter

• Like 2

ebinmaine

Looking forward to following along on this one.  

As to short or long frame...

@OldWorkHorse has a '68 Raider I used to own. 

I thought those were all long frames but I don't think I ever had a tape measure on it.  

Have you physically measured the frame length?

Any chance your family members could have/ would have done a frame change with the engine or something else?

Any ID tag on the tractor or any old pics?

Tonytoro416
40 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Looking forward to following along on this one.  

As to short or long frame...

@OldWorkHorse has a '68 Raider I used to own. 

I thought those were all long frames but I don't think I ever had a tape measure on it.  

Have you physically measured the frame length?

Any chance your family members could have/ would have done a frame change with the engine or something else?

Any ID tag on the tractor or any old pics?

I have measured wheelbase.  Unless there are tags I don’t know about the one is on the hood stand but it’s not the correct hood stand.  

Tonytoro416

You guys have me questioning it now for sure    I am going to have to do some more looking when I get off work 

• Like 2

ebinmaine
31 minutes ago, Tonytoro416 said:

not the correct hood stand.  

That's has me wondering even more if the frame was changed..... 

Tonytoro416

Everything else appears to have went through the fire though that’s what gets me.  The hood stand you can tell it definitely didn’t go through a fire