68 raider 12

Wheel horse raider 12 electrical issue

68 raider 12

I have a 1967 raider 12, it runs like a champion but lately the battery died on it out of no where and now it will only run if I leave the jump pack connected. I wasn't sure I I have a bad ground somewhere or I need to adjust the stator to try to get it to charge the battery again. I figured I'd throw it out on here before I started taking things apart. Thanks!

• Like 1

pfrederi

Raiders could have 3 different ignition systems.  Battery /points,  magneto points or breakerless  last two will run without battery power so I am guessing you have battery point,.

#1 load test the battery.  also what is battery voltage everything off.  Can you crank it with out jump pack?    Sounds like you battery is toast...

• Like 1

953 nut
7 hours ago, 68 raider 12 said:

battery died on it out of no where and now it will only run if I leave the jump pack connected.

As @pfrederi said, get the battery load tested. It could be the battery or perhaps your battery cables are the problem. Have you been connecting the jump pack directly to the battery terminals? With the jump pack attached use a volt meter to test the voltage across the battery, now start the engine and test the voltage. If your charging system is working properly the running voltage should be higher.