Marv

C 145 clutch shaft repair

Marv

The clutch pulley mount arm was rattling against the belt cover. Awfully annoying. Investigated and found wear on the pivot shaft and the holes in the frame. I built up the shaft and oversized the holes in the frame and used bushings. Tightened things up nicely.

C145 clutch linkage.png

c 145 clutch frame shaft hole.png

20220927_103723.jpg

20220927_114552.jpg

20220927_114641.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

ri702bill

Marv - I did similar on the 502 I was building this summer. Since there is no good way to lubricate this mechanism, I cut a shallow groove in the ID of each bushing to retain chassis grease. I also machined a counterbore in both sides of the frame leaving about .015 of the bushings sticking out and thinned the inside of the rod lever to get the roll pin to line back up..

Bill

P6090177.JPG

P6110174.JPG

P6110175.JPG

Edited by ri702bill
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Moparfanforever

Excellent work on both tractors!!

👍👍👍👍

ri702bill

Marv - I hope your spacer tube is not steel - I thought of doing something similar, using 2 small clamp collars to keep the bushings in place. Since I have the milling machine I did it the other way.

Just concerned that a steel tube on a steel shaft will rust itself in place, very much like the 1961 and 62 WH lift lever and rockshaft always did - that is why they changed the design for 1963....

20220927_114641.jpg

Edited by ri702bill

Lee1977

I just drilled mine out to 5/8" drove in a 5/8" OD x 1/2" ID bushing I had sawed in half. Cleaned all the paint off the shaft put it on a wood dowel and cut itin half. Did the same thing to the PTO lever.

SAM-0315.jpg

SAM-0311.jpg

SAM-0305.jpg

SAM-0307.jpg

• Like 1

peter lena

@Lee1977  like the change , red aerosol tube grease , make all related areas very happy, detail in that  pto lever function , at the movement start point , and related connections , makes things work with out effort , also added / changed the  end trunnell  fitting to a heim joint on my 3 horses , smooth / easy / solid . pete

• Like 1