Bow_Extreme

Onan Twin - Silicone High Temp Wire Sleeve

Bow_Extreme

It’s taken me a long while to find, what I think, is the original wiring sleeve used on the Onan Twin, wire harness.  I’m not an expert but I believe this is as close to original as one can get.  

The sleeve is made by, Techflex.  Here is the link.  Warning:  It’s stupid expensive!!

https://www.cabletiesandmore.com/silicone-electrical-insulation-sleeving?pid=5346

Anyone have better information or other products that fit close to the original?

DFD2DA44-E8DD-40CB-A6F2-96538B415118.jpeg

Edited by Bow_Extreme
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
7 minutes ago, Bow_Extreme said:

It’s stupid expensive!!

Probably 'cause it's got a Mil spec which always jacks the price. 

BTW Bow I got a harness for ya if you want it. It was off @dclarkes frame off. Yours for shipping so pm me your address you want it. The one on top the box, the one with the gauges I gotta keep justice in case.

Ther was a place I found it more reasonable. Try :text-google: formtek? CRS ...I think that was the name.  They had everything wiring related.

20220924_171733.jpg

• Excellent 1

Bow_Extreme
1 minute ago, WHX?? said:

Probably 'cause it's got a Mil spec which always jacks the price. 

BTW Bow I got a harness for ya if you want it. It was off @dclarkes frame off. Yours for shipping so pm me your address you want it. The one on top the box, the one with the gauges I gotta keep justice in case.

Ther was a place I found it more reasonable. Try :text-google: formtek? CRS ...I think that was the name.  They had everything wiring related.

20220924_171733.jpg

Thanks for the information.  I will look them up.  Also, thanks for the harness!!  I will message you, shortly.  

• Like 1

peter lena

@Bow_Extreme  the regular recurring wire / connection  issues with those twins and later models with safety switches everywhere  calls for a rerouting layout ,  when the set up was installed new , there was little thought of  crammed / jammed / chafing wire issues .  another  major failure point is excessive heat .  would insure  more air flow /  heat diversion  to any problem spot . obviousely  those multiple connection  set ups were under  strain / chafing . why not  make a change ?  the repetition of a problem  is your greatest  opportunity to make that problem go away .  gone rogue  so long , don't  even think  about  NOT CHANGING IT  ,  only me but every time it fails , its not going to get better by itself , pete

• Like 1

Bow_Extreme
5 hours ago, peter lena said:

@Bow_Extreme  the regular recurring wire / connection  issues with those twins and later models with safety switches everywhere  calls for a rerouting layout ,  when the set up was installed new , there was little thought of  crammed / jammed / chafing wire issues .  another  major failure point is excessive heat .  would insure  more air flow /  heat diversion  to any problem spot . obviousely  those multiple connection  set ups were under  strain / chafing . why not  make a change ?  the repetition of a problem  is your greatest  opportunity to make that problem go away .  gone rogue  so long , don't  even think  about  NOT CHANGING IT  ,  only me but every time it fails , its not going to get better by itself , pete

i appreciate the feedback and I’m very aware of the issues. I’ve rewired many 520’s and most of them are done differently.  However, this project called for original restoration.  It will be good for another 20+ years.  

• Like 1