rick

Need ignition switch help, please

rick

I need ignition switches for my 73402 314-8 and my 41-16OE01 416H.  I have searched and found the following numbers,

# 111216 or # 103990 for the 416H

#116338 for the 314-8.

I would appreciate a second opinion since neither of the parts are cheap!

Thanks, Rick

• Like 1

gwest_ca

I believe your selection of switches is correct

• Like 1

953 nut
7 hours ago, rick said:

need ignition switches for my 73402 314-8 and my 41-16OE01 416H

What testing have you done to determine that both tractors need new ignition switches? It could be that other problems are causing problems and we would be willing to help trace the problem down.

• Excellent 2

peter lena

@rick  agree with others above on possible switch selection, also a good opportunity to go over every connection aspect  of your lay out . stressed  cracked wires and their connections  are often guilty of causes , as are lack of grounding  to chassis . DO NOT COUNT ON ORIGINAL GROUNDING POINTS , often corrosion , paint , rust . is in the way . bolt on an electrical lug , to your battery ground cable  bolt down point , for a feed to enhance your grounds . verify your grounds , don't just think they are there. verify as you go , as to function, stop and change whatever is causing issue .  those safety switches , are often cracked / corroded  .  good luck with it , pete    

• Excellent 1

rick

The switches are worn out.  There was a little confusion in the IPLs from different sources, I just needed some confirmation.

Edited by rick
addition
  • Like 1

gwest_ca

103990 can be easily found saving some $'s but the 116338 appears to have to come from Toro.

• Like 1

Bill D
4 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

103990 can be easily found saving some $'s but the 116338 appears to have to come from Toro.

Does the 116338 cross to 103991?  I thought that was the P/N for any tractors equipped with Magnum engines?

I may be wrong, but I think 103991 covers most magneto equipped tractors,  and 103990 covers most tractors with powered ignition systems.

Edited by Bill D

953 nut
3 hours ago, Bill D said:

Does the 116338 cross to 103991? 

If you were to move a few wires around on the plug that connects to the ignition switch you could get by with it. You can get an aftermarket  116338 on the internet auction site for $ 46.00     https://www.ebay.com/itm/113152370753?hash=item1a58682841:g:uD4AAOSwaLxeb2Em&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoM3CFHaQdAkf3yFbZr2MZhq%2FIN4NAdK

image.jpeg.4144e594557e9d50aaf0c5e1d28844b5.jpeg   103991     USA Warehouse New IGNITION KEY SWITCH W/ KEYS for Toro / Wheel Horse 103991 L...Picture 1 of 1

• Like 1

rick

I want to thank everyone for their help and suggestions.  Now I need to spend some money! 

• Like 2

rick

Switches ordered from Jack's yesterday. 

Parts order from OPEengines.com arrived today, now I get to remove the starter from the M14 to service the starter drive.  Needed a gasket for the oil dipstick tube which is in the way.  Always something to do!!

Edited by rick
added content
  • Like 1

rick

I fixed the starter on the 314-8 while Eli (grandson, almost 3) was napping after lunch.   We keep him 4 days a week while his parents work.  A 3 year old will keep you busy!

• Like 1
  • Heart 1