elcamino/wheelhorse

purple power

elcamino/wheelhorse

Made my Wednesday stop at Wally World this AM looking for Gorilla Glue for brake shoe repair . Of course no glue , but they had a 5 gallon container of Purple Power for $24.96 . Don't think I will run out for a while. Then off to paint dept for find handle for raddle cans . Nothing. Stopped at blue box store only handle they had was $10.00 , would have paid $20.00 my fingers  are worn out from working on Waldomobile , blue box also had plenty of glue.   

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Love it when a plan comes together...

I've never been much for taking shopping trips in the first place but things like you experienced today are why I've been purchasing more and more online when I can.  

Quite often I'll do the shopping online and use the contactless pickup option.  

• Like 1

squonk
14 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Made my Wednesday stop at Wally World this AM looking for Gorilla Glue for brake shoe repair . Of course no glue , but they had a 5 gallon container of Purple Power for $24.96 . Don't think I will run out for a while. Then off to paint dept for find handle for raddle cans . Nothing. Stopped at blue box store only handle they had was $10.00 , would have paid $20.00 my fingers  are worn out from working on Waldomobile , blue box also had plenty of glue.   

No wonder you wear out faster than me. I would have went to Blue Box first! :)

I had to get more self Etch primer. Local Blue Box showed 3 cans online. Went to Blue Box and they had 0. Checked Orange Box. They showed 2 cans. Drove 18 mi. to Orange Box and they had 6 cans. :rolleyes: So much for electronic bar code reading inventory thingy's. :lol:

Went to Waldo World to get pooch supplies. Checked the paint area and there was more paint sprayed on the shelving than there were cans for sale! :confusion-seeingstars:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

pacer
8 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

9 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

been purchasing more and more online when I can.  

Yep, I spec I am around 70-80% of my needs are done online. PO"s me soooo bad when I need an xxx item and first store doesnt have it and the next dont, et, etc. Having the mail lady bring it or the brown truck bring it to my door sure beats making  those kind of runs. I've even started ordering items from wally and I dont have to make that 20 mile trip and find they dont have it - which is all to often the case!!

• Like 3

Achto
42 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I've been purchasing more and more online when I can.

I find it intriguing that companies like Sears, Montgomery Wards, & JC Penny built an empire with the mail order catalogue. Each of these companies went on to brick & mortar stores which flourished for a while then eventually were the demise of the company. Now catalogue buying in the form of the internet is all the rage again. Makes me wonder if the above companies would have been quicker to drop their stores and return to their roots of catalogue sales via the internet, we may be ordering from them instead of the jungle site.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 5
  • Heart 2

cafoose
45 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Love it when a plan comes together...

I've never been much for taking shopping trips in the first place but things like you experienced today are why I've been purchasing more and more online when I can.  

Quite often I'll do the shopping online and use the contactless pickup option.  

Since relocating to Tennessee I do all the online shopping I can because I'm a good half hour from the nearest good sized town. I did find Advance Auto Parts has free same day delivery to my place :music-rockout: Most everyone else don't :rant2: I save lots of gas money too which would add up very quickly and also saves time. I just need to plan more carefully so I don't run out of things :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

ebinmaine
22 minutes ago, Achto said:

I find it intriguing that companies like Sears, Montgomery Wards, & JC Penny built an empire with the mail order catalogue. Each of these companies went on to brick & mortar stores which flourished for a while then eventually were the demise of the company. Now catalogue buying in the form of the internet is all the rage again. Makes me wonder if the above companies would have been quicker to drop their stores and return to their roots of catalogue sales via the internet, we may be ordering from them instead of the jungle site.

Obviously there's no way of knowing for sure but you sure do raise an interesting question. 

Back in the 70s and '80s when I was a young kid we didn't go to a brick and mortar more than two or three times a year because it was a 30 to 60 minute Drive each way to do so.

I remember vividly ordering school supplies right straight out of the paper catalog at my house instead of going out shopping and I was perfectly fine with that because it meant I had more time on my bicycle.  😁

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

squonk

This is what I use. Seems to work really well and I've tried multiple brands. Also works great in the ultrasonic cleaner! :banana-wrench:

Simple Green 128-fl oz Unscented Liquid All-Purpose Cleaner in the  All-Purpose Cleaners department at Lowes.com

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

My round trip to Wally World and the blue box store is 2 1/2 miles . They are in the same shopping center along with $ store and auto zone Burger King , Fire House subs. Wednesday is my grocery store day so I was there any way . Funny thing is between Wally world and my house there are 5 grocery stores. Wished I lived out in the sticks. Fewer people and cars . Been using Purple power for a while , was going to stop at Advance to pick some up ( auto z and advance are on the same road ) since I had a $5.00 coupon.  No work on Waldomobile today , I called in out on the project.

• Like 4

Stormin
3 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

raddle cans .   

Pardon this simple Englishman's ignorance, Mr. Waldo sir. But what are raddle cans?? :confusion-confused:

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Cans of spray paint . 

• Like 1

Pullstart
2 hours ago, Achto said:

Remember that thing called COD?  Paying the mail carrier for the goods a store shipped through them?  Oh I miss those days, ordering skate boards galore from California and the store showed up at my door (and I waited the whole day of delivery to pay the man)

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

squonk
28 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Pardon this simple Englishman's ignorance, Mr. Waldo sir. But what are raddle cans?? :confusion-confused:

He didn't want to say Rattle! He hears enough of that noise when he takes a step! :)

• Haha 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

I can't help it if I can not spell . I am old and don't much give a ****.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 5