marreque

Reunited after 25 years

WHX??
4 hours ago, marreque said:

Everything seems fine except full throttle is definitely not full throttle. 

Just stumbled on this thread. 

Check the governor adjustment and throttle cable clamps for issues. Might not be putting enough tension on the throttle spring. 

• Like 4

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:

The clamps that hold the throttle cable don't always hold the conduit tightly so you don't get the full range of motion.

• Like 3

marreque

Added an extra clamp and reinstalled the original throttle lever, seems much better. Yesterday I got a new belt for the hydraulic pump, topped off the fluid and it seems fully functional except when I use the down pressure, it pisses fluid out of the cylinder......will have to rebuild it, if it's rebuildable???

• Like 3

953 nut
55 minutes ago, marreque said:

..will have to rebuild it, if it's rebuildable???

These are about the easiest cylinders in the world to rebuild. Once you remove the hoses and the 1/4" NPT 90 they will literally pull apart. The pipe threads are holding the parts in place and the "O" rings do all the sealing. Lowell @wheelhorseman has a kit for the cylinder and you may as well buy the hoses from him while you are at it. Hardest part of the job is removing the pivot pin that holds the cylinder in the frame.

https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/product/wheel-horse-953-1054-hy-2-hy-3-pump-seal-kit-cylinder-seal-kit/

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 3

marreque

1 unfortunately my cylinder is a welded non-serviceable unit....my luck. Also what's the dates for the show this year? Thanks in advance!

ebinmaine
14 minutes ago, marreque said:

cylinder

Send that right to Lowell over there and he should be able to rebuild it for you

• Like 1

marreque

And anyone with show dates please??

953 nut
1 hour ago, marreque said:

And anyone with show dates please??

June 22 is set-up day, lots of wheeling and dealing done that day.  Friday and Saturday 23 and 24 are show days.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

marreque

Just trying to upload a video of 1054 but getting message the only 13.8meg is allowed......any other way of doing it here??

Edited by marreque
  • Like 1

953 nut

Best bet is to post it on YouTube and then just attach a link to your youtube video. A lot of times when people post a video directly to the site it is not easy to open depending on the person's internes service.

• Like 2

Horse Newbie

@marreque

If you put a video on YouTube, let us know the name of your YouTube channel…

• Like 3

marreque

Quick question, had a PTO laying around from years ago. Is the belt guard different? 

953 nut
16 hours ago, marreque said:

Quick question, had a PTO laying around from years ago. Is the belt guard different? 

There is no belt guard on the pto. The PTO on the 953 should slide onto the keyed 1 1/8" engine shaft.

• Like 1

marreque

So what do most people do, find a pto belt guard or modify the original? I don't really like to ruin original parts.

• Like 1

oliver2-44

You will have to fab your own if you want a PTO guard. OSHA didn’t exist in 1964. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

marreque

I know that there isn't a guard on the PTO. When I slide the PTO onto the crank shaft it hits the belt guard that's on the rig now. My question was is there 2 different styles of guards? 

• Like 1

marreque

This is the difference im talking about.

Screenshot_20230601-143302.png

Screenshot_20230601-143243.png

• Like 1

oliver2-44

If I remember correctly there are a couple of sizes of PTO,s. and the older ones are a slightly smaller diameter. One of the pros will be along to confirm that. Are you sure that PTO is the original one for that tractor 

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Like 1

marreque

I know that there isn't a guard on the PTO. When I slide the PTO onto the crank shaft it hits the belt guard that's on the rig now. My question was is there 2 different styles of guards? 

• Like 1

marreque

Not original to the machine but was "supposed" to be from a 1054. 

• Like 2

marreque

So were all the mower deck brackets but that's to be determined. I'll have to lay them out on the table and send a few pics for the experts to look at.

• Like 1

marreque

Belt guard issue solved..

20230604_092655.jpg

• Like 2

marreque

If anyone could help with these brackets, as to what they are for. I believe there is a attach a matic in there but how about the rest? Thank you!

1685887428027620424583468276744.jpg

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, marreque said:

If anyone could help with these brackets, as to what they are for. I believe there is a attach a matic in there but how about the rest? Thank you!

1685887428027620424583468276744.jpg

564580748_Screenshot_20230604-1119502.png.484e42a2956af4a6b3763360285a9532.png

1. 1A, are mid hitch pieces that'll work on mid-60s short frame  Wheelhorse. 

2. Front attach-o-matic (with an added piece at the top??)

3. Clearly another mid hitch. I'm not familiar with the design.  

The piece just below 1A appears to be the link that goes from the back of the frame down to a mower (or other implements?)

Pullstart

Please don’t take this the wrong way… because it looks great and is plenty functional!

It’s too late now, but I’m pretty sure the belt guard should go behind the PTO setup.  The crank sleeve and backing disc mount should have a set screw to hold it to the crank, not just against the drive belt pulley.

As for the mule drive sets you have, set number 3 that EB labeled is correct for this tractor.  The others don’t apply.  :handgestures-thumbupright: