Prestons Hobby

Life changes and collection must go

Prestons Hobby

Hello there. So not long ago a came across a deal for a couple of Wheel Horse Tractors. Then I found this group. Needless to say I got hooked and started looking for projects. Got half of them done and due to scheduling issues, changes at work, kids growing up and needing help….. the collection is going to have to wait for a slower time in my life. I have 8 tractors total. 2 C-160 tractors, a C-85, a Raider 12, GT-2500 Anniversary, B-112, 312-8 and a parts tractor that I am not sure of the model but had a good engine. I have a snow plow for the C-160 and 3 mower decks. I also have an extra 12HP KOHLER MAGNUM electric start. I would like to find them a new home where they are going to get worked on and used again and not just scrapped because they are old. Not sure where I should list them for sale so as usual I come to this group for some direction. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer and I will post some pictures. Thank you 

• Like 1

Prestons Hobby

D0A59074-276E-4954-9CC9-F47D32C29653.jpeg

68CE58E8-CC8D-4617-8CD1-3FBAB776B01D.jpeg

Prestons Hobby

934C074A-86EB-498E-9D88-341F3917D63C.jpeg

• Like 2

Prestons Hobby

Unfortunately I can not post pictures of each one because it says files are to big and I am to old school to make them fit. 

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I went through that life change to. Got rid of everything I had. It was tough but necessary. Best of luck. 

• Sad 1

SylvanLakeWH

Post them in the Classifieds right here on RedSquare…

Good luck!!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sparky
3 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Post them in the Classifieds right here on RedSquare…

Good luck!!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Yep, post them up in our classifieds..,include a price and your location and you’ll be good to go. 

• Like 2

Rick3478
24 minutes ago, Prestons Hobby said:

Unfortunately I can not post pictures of each one because it says files are to big and I am to old school to make them fit. 

Windows Paint will do the basic job of reducing image size, you probably already have so no need to buy any flashy software for that.  It sounds like you have some desirable stuff, some of which I'd like to have myself, but I don't really have anyplace to store it, and don't need more projects, and you're clear over in the corner of the state so it would cost me a couple hundred just to come look, and, and ....  So, the marketplace forum on here might give you good exposure to the crowd that likes these red horses.  Or eBay might give you broader exposure, but you have to have a seller account.  Or Craigslist if you want to fight off the scammers.  Start by making a list and what you think stuff is worth, or we can help with that.

• Like 1

Pullstart

Becoming a supporting member for a year is affordable and having the ability to post unlimited pictures might even help with the sale of your herd… :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Bill D

If shipping can be arranged then @kpinncwould probably take the two C160's off your hands.

• Like 2

CCW

@Prestons Hobby

If you are using Windows 10 you can open the folder the photos are in then right click on the file name and there is an option to resize the photos.  Easy to do and you will be able to post multiple photos.  Other versions of Windows may offer the same functionality, but I do not remember.

• Like 1

kpinnc
10 hours ago, Bill D said:

If shipping can be arranged then @kpinncwould probably take the two C160's off your hands.

LOL lemme see what they cost first! :P

• Like 1

ineedanother
8 hours ago, kpinnc said:

LOL lemme see what they cost first! :P

Hmmmm. Bring a herd to NC? Hmmmm. :silence:

• Like 1

kpinnc
4 hours ago, ineedanother said:

Bring a herd to NC? Hmmmm. 

Back many years ago, we'd be planning a road trip! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Pullstart
On 9/20/2022 at 10:45 PM, kpinnc said:

Back many years ago, we'd be planning a road trip! :thumbs:

What’s stopping you now?  I’ve got one in the books and the town is 916 miles away… 

• Like 1

wh5208speed
On 9/19/2022 at 5:43 PM, Prestons Hobby said:

Hello there. So not long ago a came across a deal for a couple of Wheel Horse Tractors. Then I found this group. Needless to say I got hooked and started looking for projects. Got half of them done and due to scheduling issues, changes at work, kids growing up and needing help….. the collection is going to have to wait for a slower time in my life. I have 8 tractors total. 2 C-160 tractors, a C-85, a Raider 12, GT-2500 Anniversary, B-112, 312-8 and a parts tractor that I am not sure of the model but had a good engine. I have a snow plow for the C-160 and 3 mower decks. I also have an extra 12HP KOHLER MAGNUM electric start. I would like to find them a new home where they are going to get worked on and used again and not just scrapped because they are old. Not sure where I should list them for sale so as usual I come to this group for some direction. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer and I will post some pictures. Thank you 

I'd be interested once you share your prices and photos. I am about 45 minutes from Jeffersonville.