I am a keep it original look when it comes to restoring tractors. However I love that color scheme, it looks great. Hope you can bring it to the big show in June!!! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks to everyone for all your complimentery comments!  I will take a couple of more pictures this weekend and post them. I have a few from during the build I put up now, one of the engine when I pulled it out and two of the broken cast iron steering support. I was going to weld the old one, even though I hate to weld cast. So, instead I decided to weld up a new one out of steel The rear tires are NanKangs. 

20180114_124128.jpeg

20180101_114305.jpeg

20180101_114437.jpeg

Edited by NJ Tom
  • Like 7
  • Excellent 2

Looks like the old Ford 861 Powermaster that I learned to drive a tractor with.

Loved that old tractor, wish I had bought it when I had the chance.

This is a pic from the internet but ours looked similar.

c139732.jpg.c11da0d1ecc3eabd2a4500c1a2f44be2.jpg

Cleat

• Excellent 1

21 hours ago, CasualObserver said:

I really like the aggressive look of those 6-12s... what are they?  Tru-Powers?

I second the tires, they sure do look like they're ready for work!

Great job on the project, I like most everyone else would love to see more pictures of the project!

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, cleat said:

Looks like the old Ford 861 Powermaster that I learned to drive a tractor with.

Loved that old tractor, wish I had bought it when I had the chance.

This is a pic from the internet but ours looked similar.

c139732.jpg.c11da0d1ecc3eabd2a4500c1a2f44be2.jpg

Cleat

They were great tractors. Replacing the clutch was always a challenge to say the least. I had a Golden Jubilee with a FEL I miss the old girl. 

Edited by richmondred01

The one I drove was owned by my grandfather and I believe it was a 1959.

Apparently the clutch went out on it a couple of times but never when I remember.

By that time we had bigger diesel tractors to do the heavy work.

You could pin the clutch pedal in two positions depending on whether you planned on using the PTO or not.

Gear shift was a weird one that slid up and down then front to back to select gears.

Ours had a loader as well but I only actually seen it on once as steering was a bear with it on.

However, the mounting frame stayed on and it had round loops on both sides with a support bar running over the top of the dash.

Lever to raise and lower was on the top of the transmission and it simply had a trip lever for the bucket.

Cleat

Welding and fabricating is something i never learned how to do and boy do i wish i know how. That fix looks excellent!     :handgestures-thumbupleft:

• Like 1

Yeah,  nice job on that support,  getting the angle correct isn't easy.

Just a heads up  - when you start a thread, give it a title to describe what you're doing or have a question about. This makes the site run more smoothly and helps when using the search engine results for research or answers to a specific topic. Just a simple title is all that's needed,  otherwise subjects with only a username become too confusing to get answers or comments.

Sarge

Posted (edited)
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:52 AM, CasualObserver said:

aggressive look of those 6-12s

Yes very deep lugs... brand?

Nakangs sorry I missed that :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by WHX14

Tom, welcome to Red Square.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  I took the liberty of merging your 2 topics because it is a subject still in process.  I also changed the title a little so as to give the members an idea of what they were looking at when they opened your thread.  Your name shows up under the title and choosing a title that explains what the thread is about helps the other members when looking for your topics.  If you would like to change the topic title to something else...please let me know what you would like to change it to and I can do that for you.  Thank you 

BTW...that is a very nice job you did on the 701.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

Looks very good. Looks like you're getting hammered with snow today, only 2" in Vineland. What shows do you plan on taking it to?

• Like 1