"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." – Martin Luther King, Jr.

Heavy Duty

"hitched" 414-8

6 posts in this topic

Nice work, I really like how you did the sleeve hitch

44 minutes ago, Thor27 said:

Nice work, I really like how you did the sleeve hitch

Thanks!!

I made it from an old MTD sleeve hitch.

24 minutes ago, Tractor boy said:

Cool and where did you get the lead for the receiver?

Mostly from wheel weights.

Sure did! What you see is a steel 4x4x14" long steel tube. I welded a cap on one side, filled it with molten lead and welded a cap onto the other side. Only thing I should have done was put handles on it.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Goldann520
      Hey guys, @wheelhorseman, @WVHillbilly520H, brought this stuff home today. Big question did wh make a gooseneck trailer like this? Really hope so, paint looks right and came out of the same lot as the rest of this. Owner swears he had blade and blower on the 414-8 Which means it'll fit my 312-8. He talked me (or bribed) me into taking tractor with me. Got the weights and chains too. $440 for all of it. Tractor runs but has fuel delivery problems. 

• By OILUJ52
      For Sale; one wheel horse slot hitch, good condition, $40 shipped to lower 48
      PM for purchase.
      Joe

• By falvarado62
      Hi,
      I would like to purchase a class 3 hitch receiver for my 520H.

I had purchased one for my C120 several years ago and look forward to having one my the 520.

Thanks,
      Frank
    • By Shea Worden
      Hey guys. I was wondering about buying a clevis hitch from the wheelhorseman1000's website wheel horse parts and more, and i wanted to know if  i need the rockshaft between the gas tanks. I thought that the cable went right to the hitch with a trunnion to attach. If you didn't know from my other threads, I have a c81 with an 8-speed uni-drive transmission. My tractor already has the tube for the cable so thats what inspired me to get a clevis. 
    • By 98layinframe
      Hi, i have a couple questions if anyone would mind helping me out!  I have a 414-8 (i think its an 87) that I would like to swap a few things on to make it work and look a little better to me.  The first thing is the front axle... will a 520 swept front axle bolt right in?  Is the center pivot bolt the same diameter?  I know the outer knuckles are larger 1" on those machine but are they the same height?  I figured I could just sleeve the knuckle to keep my stock 3/4" 414 spindles if so  Also any info on this john deer 200 series swept front axle swap? anyone know if the pivot and knuckles are all the same diameters on that one?  and how much wider is it?  This one is actually looking to be an easier swap if the bushings are all the same size

Also whats differences on the 520 frames?  Are they longer or the exact same frame?  Brace for the transmission mount? and mainly just the front axle?

Premium Theme Designed By IBTheme.com