mikeystones

Connecting two transmission together

In what kind of configuration. and why?

Like a front wheel drive transmissions AND a rear wheel transmission?

Maybe a 6 wheeler? :bow-blue:

I don't see why they couldn't. I put two hydros together (with cable linkage) which has far more variables and room for error. 

I would say it should be fairly easy especially if neither drive axle steer. Awesome idea by the way. Makes me want to start building my v plow

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Shooter67
      I started the restoration in 2009. Had to stop (work and life) finally got it back together last week. It still needs some stuff here and there but the hardest stuff is done

• By 'garGuyPaulie
      Hello all - I have a 1990 312-8 that recently started being a pain to shift, and eventually it stopped shifting into 1st and reverse and was hard to get into 2nd and 3rd. After looking at some posts on here I discovered the possibility that a loose shifter could cause this problem. My shifter definitely had a lot of play in it so I proceeded to pull the seat, rear plate and shift plate off the tractor so I could get to the area where the shifter goes into the transmission. I removed the shifter, reseated it and got the dog head screw lined up in the shifter donut and was hoping that would fix the issue, but after getting it all reassembled and trying to shift even into 2nd or 3rd the shifter, while not as sloppy, now just turns side to side - taking it back out and inspecting the shifter I have discovered that the pin which holds the donut in place on the shifter has sheered and the donut is now able to free spin on the shaft. Not too much of a problem as I plan on just pressing the old pin out and replacing, however I am concerned that the ball on the end of the shifter seems to be getting pretty flattened off on the left and right sides of the ball. I tried looking up a replacement on Toro and several other parts websites but I can't find one anywhere - I can get the boot, everyone has those, but no shifter. My question is, does anyone know where I might be able to find a new shifter and more important, is a little flattening on the ball anything to worry about? 

Also, with the shifter out, looking down the hole my transmission looks like it's full of mud! Definitely doesn't look like the gear oil I put in it - anyone know what could be causing the transmission gear oil to be sludging up like that? 
    • By Tractor boy
      Hello. I recently purchased a 312-8 with blower and dozer blade. I cannot figure out how to hook it up. Please help me!

• By pinecone
      My husband was a long time member of the forum, some of you might have known him. I am looking to sell his wheel horse. I believe it is a 1990 Toro/WH 312-8 Series with a 42" Deck. It has minimal wear and tear. Was running recently, but not now, however I don't know the reason. Otherwise in good shape. Beloved by my husband around our property. Asking for $500 or Best Offer.

• By allen9878
      Afternoon!

I am looking to adjust the diameter of the pulley on the engine and the one on the transaxle to speed up my tractor a bit. (For fun)

I have decided to increase the size of the engine pulley by 1" and decrease the size of the trans pulley by 1". I have not been able to find the proper pulley in local stores, and am hoping anyone here might have some insight into where I could order them online, and maybe help me identify the proper side as I'm not exactly sure what size is on there currently (Do you measure the outer diameter of the pulley, or the inner diameter of where the belt lays? Base on outer diameter, they are 4" on the engine, and 6.5 inch on the transaxle.)

The tractor is a 312-8 1985, with a 4 pinion 1" axle shaft transaxle. I greatly appreciate any feedback or help!

Thanks!

-Bert