Team70R

Switching to electric fuel pump!

Waiting on the eBay electric fuel pump to show up for the C165. Only thing I'm not sure about is what to do with the old mechanical one. Do I just leave it in place or do I need to make a cover plate with the a gasket and remove it?

Covers can be bought for the fuel pump hole, but I would be inclined to put a loop of hose from out to in and leaver it unless it gives a problem. 

• Like 5

leave it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, R. L. Addison said:

Covers can be bought for the fuel pump hole, but I would be inclined to put a loop of hose from out to in and leaver it unless it gives a problem. 

that's what I did

• Like 2

Perfect thank you!

Can be had here http://www.kirkengines.com/

CoverSet2.jpg

Installed.jpg

He's got real nice electric pumps too.... A little pricey but nice!

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Team70R
      I was mowing with my C165 today and it sputtered and stalled like it ran out of fuel. When I looked at the fuel line coming from the fuel pump to the carb, the fuel was boiling!! Do I need to change the exhaust route or ?
      IMG_2929.MOV
    • By sodbuster
      I need a replacement pump for my ark 700 loader. pump now is a Cessna 8nc-26-ds. . searched for cross reference with no luck. need gallons per minute.thanks
    • By Bigwatersig
      So I rebuilt carb and replaced fuel pump, thought fuel pump would fix my problems. No such luck! Still stalled out when she got hot. Took apart fuel tank shutoff, cleaned and lubed o ring, knocked some dirt out of vent tube with long wire, blew long fuel line, drained tank and tried some air pressure both ways, tank fuel outlet, and thru vent tube. Doesnt allow hardly any air flow either way? What is between tank and vent tube? A really small orifice, or some sort of pressure valve vent device? Put it back together and ran her with coffee filter banded over cap, NO PROBLEMS! Was so glad to move some dirt that I never tried putting cap back on! I think maybe there was blockage at tank shutoff, valve was very stiff and difficult to turn. Looks like a major ordeal to access fuel tank???
      I will try putting fuel cap on tomorrow, but I had ran her prieviously with cap loose so I think my problem is solved. Vent sure doesnt seem right though?
    • By doc724
      I am looking for the backing plate that goes behind the plastic dash on c-series black hoods.  PO could not figure out how to get the throttle cable assembly out of the dash so he cut thru the dash and backing plate with a hack saw.
    • By Konrad
      Hi there,

We recently became the proud owners of a 1976'ish C-120. When we purchased the tractor it wouldn't start but the previous owner believed this was due to a faulty solenoid.
      Anyhow, I finally had time today to see if it would run. On initial inspection, there was a definite 'click' on attempting to start. And after a few attempts, the starter turned the engine over and it fired - so I think we actually have a 'sticky' starter, rather than a dodgy solenoid? Anyhow, I then took the tractor for a 'spin', and not knowing how long the fuel I had put in might last, after about 30 minutes the engine spluttered to a halt. Oh dear out of fuel
      I filled the tank with what fuel I had left in my can, but on attempting to restart, the engine turns over but refuses to fire.

Having run out of fuel, is there some sort of 'priming' process that I need to go through before I will be able to get the engine to fire again?

Any advice gratefully received.
      A newbie