My wheelhorse 314-8 won't charge the battery while its running, it used to but now it doesnt. The wiring is stock as it came from factory. Runs good, just have to jump/charge It every time

:twocents-02cents:   With the engine running near wide open throttle what is the voltage reading at the battery? The first step in solving any electrical problem is to have the battery load tested. Next, clean and tighten ALL electrical connections including grounds. The voltage regulator is bolted to the frame and if this connection is corroded it will prevent it from working properly. Take these steps and let us know what you find.

• Like 1

On the tractors voltometer, you can watch the battery drain while running, its aggravating, I go do work with it and turn it off to talk to my customer, and have to jump it. But will do the others 

is this a 1985 314-8 with a K-Series?  Only year they used them on 314s.  1993-98 314-8 used magnums which draw no current while running.  If your 314 is a newer one and the battery voltage drops while it is running you have another issue as a short perhaps???

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jack Oldham
      Hi All,
         I have a question regarding doing an electric mod on my Wheelhorse A800 Ranger. What I wish to do is install some front headlights, rear brake lights, and indicators on all four corners i would also like to install a horn a some point but that can come later. I'm unsure on the best way of wiring this, what gauge wire to use, do I need a fuse if so what ampage and where also what size amp hour battery is best to use if I'm running these additions so i don't drain the battery. I understand more how I'm going to wire the indicators than how I'm going to get the break light to work but really require advice on both.
      Thanks for you time in reading this.
      Jack Oldham
    • By felker13
      I am very new to finding old tractors so I am not 100% sure if I got a deal or not. Today at an estate sale I was able to pick up a Work Horse GT-1100 for $65. It needs a lot of clean up, and as of right now I am not 100% sure of the working condition. It did come with the snow thrower attachment, and even though it isn't pictured, I also got the mowing deck as well. Not sure what these are worth, but any info would be much appreciated! I have attached some photo in its current condition.  Thanks! 

• By Shea Worden
      I am deciding whether i should get the firestone tri rib tires or the vredestein 5 rib tires.Got any suggestions?

• By kbousquet
      Toro Wheelhorse 314 Hydrostatic transmission, 14 hp Kohler magnum runs and mows good. It has a power bagger, 48" mower deck with new blades, new dozer plow, wheel weights and chains. Used to cut lawn but upgraded machine, I never even used the plow. 1500 obo

• By Saber
      Sold!

Sad day I have to sell my WH!
      I used this to cut maybe 1/10 of an acre around my farm cabin.
      No rust on the tractor. A ways back a little surface rust came up on the deck and I quickly preped and spot painted it.
      Very low hours 282hrs, 
      Comes with the deck, and a snow blade. ( I bought the blade separately and never used it, it is rusted but good shape )
      Always greased and oil/filter.