Redisbest

Wheelhorse plow id

Redisbest

Found this in junk yard...Price was great.....Plan on putting on 522xi...I think it is a D series....It has dual springs and 56" wide...Serial 167628 model 6-1142.... Hope the photos work...First time trying this on here.

0109171815.jpg

0109171816.jpg

0109171817.jpg

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Garry

Redisbest

I also could use a photo of a 5xi plow stabilizer...And crank support for a 2 stage (for 5xi) ...All I have is a small photo depicting a round pin thru a tongue shaped bracket that ingages near angle head assy of plow....Unless the tongue bracket is welded to plow frame and round pin is welded to bracket made for front attach-matic system...Where plow would raise and lower ....riding on the male/ female "stabilizer".... Is this correct ? To help with lateral movement ....Because plow is achored so far back ?

4 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

Garry

Thanks Gary.....Man I hate to modify this nice plow....I thought it was for a D series

WVHillbilly520H

Sway bar just slides up/down through bracket bolted to plow frame then a hairpin cotter/washer holds it from falling out the bottom plus the angle lever is a completely different beast to, @JERSEYHAWG / Glenn probably could help with the blower chute rotation crank picture,Jeff.

IMAG2703.jpg

IMAG2704.jpg

IMAG2702.jpg

• Like 1

Redisbest

Thanks....Nice photos....Works like I thought.....Wow the xi plows are way different than the plow I found in photos above ! I can make that stablizer part easily... Thanks again for clarifying.

WVHillbilly520H

If you want, when I get home from work tomorrow I can get you some dimensions and close ups of it,Jeff.

Redisbest

Thanks....Nice photos....Works like I thought.....Wow the xi plows are way different than the plow I found in photos above ! I can make that stablizer part easily... Thanks again for clarifying.

That would be great....Looks as though the xi plow angle is operated buy a cable instead of the typical wire rod.....How the heck does the cable pull on the plow angle locking pin ?

Redisbest
26 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

If you want, when I get home from work tomorrow I can get you some dimensions and close ups of it,Jeff.

That would be very considerate of you...I would appreciate it.....If it's not to much trouble could you get me a few centerline dimensions on plow....From rear attach-matic rod to hole on the lift bracket and to the main pivot bolt on front of plow frame...And  dimension where the plow frame starts to taper....

Those dim would help emensly...I would imagine the width of the plow frames would be the same...But not length....I hope.

Edited by Redisbest
Clarification

WVHillbilly520H

I'll see what I can do for you.

Ed Kennell

My stabilizer..  just an other option.

IMG_5536.JPGIMG_5537.JPG

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Ok the stabilizer bar is 3/4" diameter 13.5" long total 13" between 2, 1/4" thick washers welded to the ends that fits in the attach-a-matic, the rod that holds the blade frame is also 3/4" diameter (welded flush) 3.5" from one washer to flat then 2.5" from opposite end to bend is 7" long to center of bend then 8" long;  the tang/bracket bolted to plow frame for sway bar is 14.5" from end of frame to first bolt then 1.5" bolt center bracket is 2.75" wide flat to flat 3" long flat to round edge with 7/8" diameter hole  approximately 1" center from round edge ;now on the plow frame from center of rear attach rod to lift crossmember is 16" or 18" to center of lift bar and 29" to center of angle handle mount, 32" to frame taper/bend to center blade angle/pivot bolt is 72", also added a close up of that crazy angle lever mount, Jeff.

IMAG2811.jpg

IMAG2812.jpg

IMAG2813.jpg

IMAG2814.jpg

IMAG2815.jpg

IMAG2816.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H

Redisbest

Jeff...You exceeded my expectations.....Well done....I can make that old d series blade work now...With some plasma cutting and welding I will be in like Flint.....Thanks a ton...  Jeff...In photo 4 the lift bracket is 16 to 18 inches from center of rear attach a matic...Is there 2 holes in bracket ? or one hole (16-18")...If there is one hole what is that dim from attach a matic rear rod to that and how high is hole(s) vertically from top of frame. I could also use dim from rear attach a matic rod to center pivot bolt on front of plow....Thanks again...What are the dimensions of the black lift bracket in photo ?

WVHillbilly520H
13 minutes ago, Redisbest said:

Jeff...You exceeded my expectations.....Well done....I can make that old d series blade work now...With some plasma cutting and welding I will be in like Flint.....Thanks a ton...  Jeff...In photo 4 the lift bracket is 16 to 18 inches from center of rear attach a matic...Is there 2 holes in bracket ? or one hole (16-18") 16" TO CROSSMEMBER 18" TO CENTER OF LIFT HOLE...If there is one hole what is that dim from attach a matic rear rod to that and how high is hole(s) vertically from top of frame 1.5"? I'LL DOUBLE CHECK TOMORROW. I could also use dim from rear attach a matic rod to center pivot bolt on front of plow 71"-72" ....Thanks again...What are the dimensions of the black lift bracket in photo ? 

My answers above all caps, then your last question in pics below,Jeff

Screenshot_2017-01-11-20-56-07.png

Screenshot_2017-01-11-20-56-20.png

Edited by WVHillbilly520H

WVHillbilly520H

Also check out this post on making the xi style angle mechanism...

Screenshot_2017-01-12-07-13-34.png

bmsgaffer

:text-yeahthat: Here are the links to the info that Jeff posted:

:handgestures-thumbupright: