Sign in to follow this  
Team70R

Tecumseh troubles... Again

Team70R

Got the Chinese carb installed on my HH60 and had it running decent. Tried to get it to idle by adjusting the idle screw..Well now it's a bear to start and smokes like a frieght train in the event it actually fires... Fuel shut off is suddenly stuck open as well. Had some  sediment in the fuel filter, which doesn't surprise me. 

Why won't it start now??:(

• Like 1

pfrederi

Some dirt/sediment got by the filter and messed up your new carb???  really should clean out the whole fuel system and replace the hoses and filter when you put in a new carb.

Team70R

That's what I'm thinking.. I did replace the lines and filter. Just dealing with an old tank. Guess I'll acid wash it again 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• CeeBee
      By CeeBee
      Good shape. Electric Start. Kept in a shed. Need the space now. Includes Manual. Pickup only.

• ebinmaine
      By ebinmaine
      A HUGE thank you to Tony @Docwheelhorse for settin' me up here.

The generosity of some of our members never ceases to amaze me.

This here is another 1974 C160, but with the rare Tecumseh HH/OH160 OHV engine. Made one year only.

It's rough. Very much in need of a full disassembly and restoration.

When it came here it was missing one tie rod and the other was broken off one end.
      Today I popped used tie rods on and Trina used her 867 to drag it from the drive to the shed.

The engine wouldn't move.
      Tin was near chock full of skeletal mouseseses and their house.
      Cleaned that out and the engine spins freely now.

So progress has been made.

It'll be a good long while before we get to this one but I just couldn't turn it down considering the rarity.

• Nathan
      By Nathan
      Can anyone help finding year of this tecumseh motor off a 603. I need a carburetor.

• The Tuul Crib
      By The Tuul Crib
      Here's a crazy question I had to ask anyway. I have an old HH 60 that has no spark. Obviously something with the magneto. There is no way to recharge these correct?  I have cleaned all connections and still no spark any helpful suggestions lmk
      Thanx
    • ebinmaine
      By ebinmaine
      We're going to take apart the Tecumseh from my Honey's 657 so I can replace the crankshaft.
      Any little tricks or tips I need to know about?