Sign in to follow this  
Team70R

Tecumseh troubles... Again

Got the Chinese carb installed on my HH60 and had it running decent. Tried to get it to idle by adjusting the idle screw..Well now it's a bear to start and smokes like a frieght train in the event it actually fires... Fuel shut off is suddenly stuck open as well. Had some  sediment in the fuel filter, which doesn't surprise me. 

Why won't it start now??:(

• Like 1

Some dirt/sediment got by the filter and messed up your new carb???  really should clean out the whole fuel system and replace the hoses and filter when you put in a new carb.

That's what I'm thinking.. I did replace the lines and filter. Just dealing with an old tank. Guess I'll acid wash it again 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ohiostate454
      So I have been working on a 656 I picked up at the end of last year and I did my first ever motor rebuild by my self on it. However it seems that I have lots of play in the piston and some slop at TDC more then I should have. So to finish the year mowing I am thinking of doing a predator swap while I go over the engine again. I am sure several people have done this before and I have a spare mounting plat to make it work. I am wondering if anyone has any pictures of ones they have done for help along the way. I know I will need a adapter to use the factory pulley and I don't want to destroy any of the sheetmetal since it is in good shape. I will keep you posted as I go along and eventually when I get the hh60 back together correctly to re install.
    • By ebinmaine
      I'm accustomed to using Non detergent oil in all older small engines.
      Thanks to @pfrederi I have the manual for the Tecumseh and it says to use detergent oil BUT it is printed in 1998... Over 30 years after DOM on my engine.

What do you folks use??

• By ebinmaine
      I've ordered this set

https://www.redoyourhorse.com/tecumseh-4-pc-engine-decal-set/

from our awesome vendor Terry @Vinylguy.

I know where the balloon sticker goes and the oil sticker.

Where does the large "Solid State" one belong??

Thanks!!

• By ebinmaine
      Look at the used to be red wire on the left and you'll see a bunch of frayed rope looking stuff. I'm wondering if I can just snap the end off and slide a piece of heat shrink down over it and then re-terminal the end.

Can't see why I can't do that. Just wanted to run it by you folks....