WHX??

2016 Big Show fallout.

squonk

It sure was a beautiful ride home. It's always bittersweet. 

Wishin4a416

Beautiful setting. Looks like a comfy little cabin. Any idea where you are near?

WHX??

No Jack...the place is called Paradise Stream  tho

Sorry for the double pic ....wi  fi is shaky here

19richie66

Love to hear more about these cabins. My wife and I are looking for something to do next year to wrap around the show for a vacation. If you have the info, that would be great.

KC9KAS

We use a trailer for our motorcycles too, BUT we pull the trailer with the motorcycles!

• Like 3

WHX??

I USUALLY do too kc:lol:

WI'll pm ya some info Richie when I get a chance 

stevasaurus

Jim...great meeting you.  You be careful driving home...it was a good drive, but it had a ton of chances to go bad.  Defensive driving is the key.  See you guys in 2 weeks at Portage.  :)

19richie66

I found it also. Looks to be a nice place. Might have to find a pet friendly place if the wife decides on bringing a dog. They don't allow pets in the cabins.

WHX??

Yup that's the place 312.....pretty quiet herer being the middle of the week but would guess it's gonna be crazy this weekend with the 4th & all. No they don't allow pets in the cabin Richie...stil can't figure out why they let the likes of me in!

Nother little accident here this morning....The missus & I were putting the horses in the trailer this AM on the chance it would rain while we were on our day ride and she was on the 401 . Well halfway up the ramp she decided she was gonna push the clutch in then as she started to roll backwards decided she was gonna dump the clutch. Needless to say you guys know how light nut  roasters are in front! If I woundta been standing right next to her to grab it would have come over and landed right on her. She did go on her keester tho and the nonskid on the ramp left a nasty road rash & bruise. Gas  cap came  off doused her with gas too so it's lucky I didn't have a gagger  hangin out of my mouth like usual! Sure do  hope the rest of the trip is not filled with stuff like this and no she wouldn't let be take pics for a  bumps & bruises thread!

• Like 1

19richie66

Sounds like she might get the hard hat award next year:laughing-rolling: glad she is ok.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

That's the beauty of these things here. 

IMG_2268.JPG

• Like 3

WHX??

I pointed them  out to her  at the show Craig &when I told her what they go for I got  "the look".......I  now have her blessing! :lol:

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Yep, easy enough to do...

happened to me once, back in the day.

On the ramps you see here...which is just six inches difference in elevation. 

IMG_0518.JPG

Same thing...happens fast, sitting there in the grass, straight arming it to keep it from falling over on me. 

Been a believer in tombstone weights on RJ's ever since. 

IMG_2233.JPG

• Like 3

WHX??

Day ride today started off a little shaky... old guy damn near tboned us right out of the gate and then happened again ...must not have seen the blaze orange we wear. Tooled up to a state park called Rickerts Glen .. had some nice waterfalls ther but a little short on water to go over them and a heck of a hike. ... had to stop a bunch for a smoke just to get through it!!! Stopped at a Harley dealer  in Williamsport just in time for a torrential downpour and hail. Got  a wet a$$ on the way back to camp but did manage to log 285 miles for the day &  did catch some sweet roads  that we wouldn't have caught  if Karen (the gps)  was right! All in all  a good day ....after all  a bad day of riding is better than a good day  at work!!

• Like 2

Pullstart

Glad to hear just some damaged ego and bruises was all the Mrs. received, coulda been a much different story!

WHX??

Well made it back home safe and  with no further incidents other than the lots of #$@*& at the IL toll roads. Spent over 200 on toll roads this trip! 

Went  to Hershey and got lots of chocolate. ..yum :icecream:

Took a ride up to State College and three roads up there are real nice. Did have a small issue with the rear brake light switch where the switch wouldn't release causing the brake lights to stay on. Also the cruise control wouldn't work which was a bummer as I am spoiled with it. Disconnected the switch and used the front switch, went to a million dollar Harley shop to get a replacement but they didn't have one but did find one at an under the apple tree shop who was grateful for my business!

• Like 3

stevasaurus

Glad you guys made it home.  You know the tolls in Illinois go up when you have a Wisconsin plate on your vehicle.  :handgestures-thumbupright::USA:

• Like 4

squonk
1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

Glad you guys made it home.  You know the tolls in Illinois go up when you have a Wisconsin plate on your vehicle.  :handgestures-thumbupright::USA:

It's how they pay Cutler's salary! :teasing-poke:

• Like 6