johnidi

Mowing Deck Size for 523 Dxi

How do I determine if this deck size is 48" or 52"? I think it's a 48", but would like to know for sure. The model wheelhorse I have is 73550. I need to order a new belt this Spring.

Thanks

IMG_8185.JPG

IMG_8182.JPG

IMG_8181.JPG

IMG_8180.JPG

I can't find any deck with a model number ending in 1943, are there any more model number stickers anywhere on it? 

From the tape, I would say 52". My 52" measures 52" from right wheel to left side

Here are the manuals for that model, in case you don't have them all, including the attachments available

Edited by WNYPCRepair

That is a 52" deck. It looks like it had the boot for a vacuum attached at onetime.

Here are a few pictures for the 5xi series including: the underhood Quick Reference decal, 48" deck, and 52" deck.

Reference Decal

DSCN3359.JPG

78363 48" Deck

DSCN3352.JPG

78370 52" Deck

DSCN3354.JPG

• Like 1

Holy smokes, John.  I have 4 xi's and none of them have that decal.  Even have an NOS hood in the box and I don't think it has it either.  

Learn something new new all the time...

steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wh500special said:

Holy smokes, John.  I have 4 xi's and none of them have that decal.  Even have an NOS hood in the box and I don't think it has it either.  

steve

It is on my 2000 520xi, Steve. The part number is 100-7304 but no longer available. Terry may be able to help.

1 hour ago, wh500special said:

steve

I've never noticed it either

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pooh
      hello I have a mowing deck that needs a shaft biller bearing,  the bearing has RX-83 on it and all that's on the deck is 146032. I've been looking on ebay and the web for the mowing deck mode or a part number but I cant find the same deck, non of them have the shaft at the end with the bearings. The mowing deck is on a t605.
    • By Mithral
      Cannot find info on proper drive belt size for my 48" mowing deck.

I have what I believe is a 1990 416-H (41-160E01)  with a 48" deck (xx-48SC02).  All parts guidance on the various web pages recommend a 1/2"x103" belt for both 42" and 48" decks.  However, this size is too long when I tried to replace.

So rather than go trial and error with buying several belts and seeing what gets me lucky, I thought I'd first post a note here.  Thanks for any constructive assistance.

• By Jeffreyg0565
      Recently mowing lawn treactor won't go into any gear. Not sure if there are belt tensioner or if needing new belt. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  P.S. I don't have owners manual so I'm not even sure how to adjust or change belt.  Thanks Jeff
    • By Jersilb
      Hey guys, I'm new to the forum (very thankful to have found it) and a fairly new Wheel Horse owner. I believe my tractor is an early 1960's E32 Lawn Ranger. I haven't been able to pin point the age or exact model yet. Here is the problem I am currently having. My barn find did not have an engine so I used a predator 212cc as a replacement. I have found a pretty good pulley for the engine, but seem to be having trouble finding the best length to utilize the clutch/brake function. I have moved the engine back a bit to allow clearance for the hood. I have two 1/2" v-belts that I am trying to work with, one is a 61" and the other is a 62".

I have also read and recently learned that the belt cover must be on to make sure the belt doesn't spin off. However, I can't seem to get the rear transmission pulley to stop spinning when I engage the clutch pedal. The belt definitely seems loose enough when using the 62" since it will literally fall off when I engage the pedal all the way. It even seems a bit loose when only pressing half way down. Anyway, I have posted a few pics to show what I am talking about. Any help on proper belt tension would be greatly appreciated. Glad to be here! 

• By Porangi
      Hi all,

Just a little bit of information regarding replacement drive belts for the 227-5 in the UK if you are not buying OEM that might help someone in the future.

The part number listed is 108427, which specs out as:
      Top width: 13mm Depth: 8mm Outside Length: 2235mm = 87.99"  
      Sadly, a number of the first sites I found didn't specify that the 88" is the outside measurement so I having trusted their information and with the old belt still installed I just ordered A88s.  

Anyway, as I'm sure you all know, belts are sold based on the internal measurement therefore you would require A86! 

Actually now having spent some more time digging for information about the belt I have found sites specifying 88 as the outer diameter. including http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/, which seems like a pretty handy website.

Regards

Chris