Sign in to follow this  
eibbed

Bug eyes or not?

eibbed

I came across what I believe to be 60s headlights that were attached to the hood of a 1960 Suburban. The seller would not sell me the headlights separately so I bought the Suburban. The only identification on them is stencilled on the back. One headlight reads "PMCo 401" and the other reads "PMCo 402".

Can anyone shed some light on my purchase?

Thanks,

Dave

The Redsquare Forum is "Priceless" because of its members!

BPjunk

Maybe this picture will show you.

Bug eyes on the right and the flat lens on the left. (A Nick from Ohio Photo)

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Attached Image

post-3-1226847043.jpg

Michael Bullington

hey dave,

I had to buy a whole 654 once just to get the headlights also....made out pretty good ...took off the headlights and sold the Tractor.....$50.00 Investment for lights :hide:

eibbed

Thanks Wild Bill,

My lenses are not flat, they are curved, so it looks like I have bug eyes for my 604. Cool!

I still need to find the U tube to mount them.

Hey Mike,

Looking at the pictures you emailed me of your very nice looking 654 is what got me moving on this.

Thanks alot to both of you,

Dave

HorseFixer

Do they look like these? I paid $50 for these :hide:

BuGeYeS001.jpg

BuGeYeS002.jpg

These I got on an 854 they have flat lenses :hide: I also picked up a 1055 that had a set of the domed shape with bracket this spring. traded an ole cub cadet for um. :D

P7110258.jpg

Michael Bullington

hey dave,

glad to help a fellow horseman!!!

by the way my U bracket and light switch bracket is a copy of the original, they can reproduced pretty easy with a original to go by, (maybe someone can post the dimentions I dont have a loose one) my switch came from napa ,,my headlights where bolted directly in the side of the hood from the wheel horse they came from, so I was missing some parts also.

Michael

eibbed

Gentlemen,

I hope that you will find pictures of my headlights with this post. :drool:DSC04978.jpgDSC04979-1.jpg

:omg:

I finally posted a picture. :drool: Look out now!

From your comments and pictures I know they aren't Bug Eyes. What do you think they are?

Thanks,

Dave

TT

Peterson Manufacturing (PM) 401 chrome utility lights.

formariz

Your lights are the correct type, you just need to make the bracket and remove the existing mounting flange on the lights. Here is some of my stash, most of them NOS.

IMG_4252.jpg

HorseFixer

Your lights are the correct type, you just need to make the bracket and remove the existing mounting flange on the lights. Here is some of my stash, most of them NOS.

IMG_4252.jpg

problem is you have way to many sets! :drool: I can store them for ya! :omg:

formariz

I am in the process of making the bars, so most of them will be for sale in the near future.

zanepetty

I'd sure love a set for my 753 if you still have any available!

zanepetty

Does anyone know what the lights are called/where I can get a set of the lights on horsefixers 854? I reeeaally like those. I think I'd opt for those over hl- 5s.

CasualObserver

Just start digging through ebay.  They're back up lights from some kind of old car... that's what all of them are.  You can usually find them by searching for some combinations of the words pmco peterson street hot rat rod utility auxiliary reverse back up backup fog light lights.  You know how picky ebay can be... just takes the right combo of words.

AMC RULES

Just plug in "antique reverse lights" or "vintage back up lights" in the search window there...

then toggle through the pages.    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

zanepetty

OK awesome. I didn't know they weren't original wheel horse. I guess it doesn't matter if you like it though?

rydogg

You can also try searching ebay for pmc 401 , pmc 402 or us pioneer 400

Edited by rydogg

zanepetty

Thanks. What do you think about the farm all cub headlights? Do you think it would be ruining a tractor by not putting wheel horse lights on it?

wheelhorse2007

There's no such thing as "ruining a Wheelhorse tractor"  (unless you paint it green!)  :)

zanepetty

Hana I would never do such a thing!

zanepetty

Does anyone know what kind of bulbs the pioneer 400 lights take and if they're still available. I'm about to buy one but it doesn't have a bulb??